or Connect

Posts by mcrs

Samsung Electronics America (SEA) Samsung Telecommunications America (STA) Samsung Electronics Co. (SEC)
Quoted from cnet.com:   "The jury is made up of seven men and two women. Their ages run from early 20s to late 60s. Public records show that at least five of the jurors are 50 or older. One juror is 30-something, one is 20-something, and the ages of three other jurors could not be ascertained."   "Six graduated from college and three earned graduate degrees. Two other members spent some time in college without earning a degree."   "There's one inventor, a...
Nope. For some people who've never been living outside of the US, then they start thinking that the time table for the universe revolves around the States' PST, CST, EST. We go with GMT for universal timing first of all. And, as for the "Date Line", it is pretty fixed already, as shown on this picture below. You can blame it on the Brits who very much demarcated this "Date Line" along the area of the map since the early 1900's. Yupe, Like Hill60 had said, Australia is...
Ahh..that...
The US and Canada [and the Americas] are ONE DAY behind many countries around the world, including Australia. I am a bit confused by your saying "getting it first" and then "thanking the date line".     
It has nothing to do with "logical error" actually, but it is more of that fanboism and/or Isheepishness syndromes. Both of these terms are not welcome here, but the two words precisely fit all the symptoms, i.e. selective reading comprehension, not being able to see facts and logical errors. I would rather use the word "apologist". The term I am using here seems to fit quite well, especially after seeing how some of these apologists took comfort amongst themselves with...
If you go "thermonuclear" then this is the radioactive fallouts. It's just too overly simplistic on Apple's or SJ's part to use that terminology. They should know better of what that terminology entails. In the cold war, the race to build nuclear bombs that can go ballistic for far away places and create far bigger destructions than Hiroshima is just one of the steps to ensure the world of nuclear deterrent, i.e. going "thermonuclear" will only mean an ultimate...
If you are talking about increase of the "area" in term of pixel percentage, then the calculation is: [(1136*640)/(960*640)]/100 = (1136/960)/100 = 18.33%   Quote: Originally Posted by Harbinger  You're right: (1136-960/960 = 18.5%
fwiw-
'Splain to me why Apple [and its consortium patners, i.e Microsoft, RIM, Sony et.al] was so giddy on outbidding Google when Nortel auctioned its patent portfolio again? Do you blame Google to go full blown and destroy everybody else's chance with their brilliant 12.5 Billion Dollars takeover of Motorola Mobility? Google can do whatever it wants to do with the acquisition. It can play defensive to protect itself from patent trolls, including Apple. FYI, your saintly...