or Connect

Posts by mcrs

Apple should buy it now or wait until this Canadian Company going under. JDSU barely survives the dot.com disaster of 2000 while the other Canadian company Nortel slowly, surely and finally failed to recover from it even with its highly creative accounting. Then and only then, Apple can join another consortium to buy JDSU's patents for cheap, like it had done with Nortel's and it is currently doing with Kodak's. Shortly after the purchase, with a bunch of RDF fanfare...
Apparently. billions of dollars bilked from the fans from unbelievable profit margin in consumer electronics / computer hardware products and also those billions stashed overseas are not enough for Apple. 
As it appears, in the case of  "rubber banding" effect, the USPTO didn't do its homework before granting that patent to Apple. Or, worse still, Apple tried to obfuscate the fact that there was prior art to this by failing to cite DiamondTouch Table computer when Apple applied for the patent. Either way, it confirms my suspicion about the way USPTO works. It works on a set of quotas every single year, so that it can collect fees and produce nice graphical Powerpoint...
You ought to know that exactly at 5:40 of that video you had just entered what SJ's associates famously coined as "Reality Distortion Field". On every keynote and product launching, SJ had been successful in warping people's mind around him, be the presses, apologists and other attendees, into his rather formidable "Reality Distortion Field" [RDF]. The place like AI is so full of SJ's RDF; otherwise, it ain't gonna be called "Apple Insider", is it?.   When in the past,...
I didn't say that they were factuals. I made those statement to show to you the alternate possibility, the direct opposites of your assessments. You might have read the stated facts and come up with different interpretations, and thus by stating what you believe in by embedding " I 'suspect'..." doesn't make it more valid. It's the same difference.    You also said these:  1.  Why do you assume that "no comment" has more implied meaning than no action?   It has meaning...
  Jeffrey Han's /Perceptive Pixel's re: Multi Touch Patents:  -Graphical user interface for large-scale, multi-user, multi-touch systems -Multi-touch sensing through frustrated total internal reflection -Liquid multi-touch sensor and display device -Touch Sensing -Pressure-sensitive manipulation of displayed objects -Event Registration and Dispatch System and Method for Multi-Point Controls -Event Registration and Dispatch System and Method for Multi-Point Controls -Event...
We have a proverb: when you point a finger, the other four point at yourself. You are basing your supicions on what again? All, I know they all weren't based on facts. You can speculate all you want, and your speculations [or in your case your "suspicion"] can't be proven right or wrong. It's much the same way with what I believe to have happened. You can't disprove it either.    Fact 1: Apple had contacted Jeff Han about what it's been doing with the "multi touch"...
1. It proves Han DOES have a case; otherwise, he would not be informed as to what Apple's doing with Iphone etc...Apple must've pre-empted him with something of his liking. 2. He is brilliant. Otherwise his technology wouldn't be "paid homage to" by Apple.  3. His company Perceptive Pixel was bought by Microsoft. Knowing how "lovely" the relationship of Apple and Microsoft is, we can surmise a cross licensing is in the work. How much dough Jeff Han is getting for his 6...
Let's just go to the source, shall we. Jeff Han's "no comment" in this instance is rather interesting.    http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/the-multi-touch-screen/   and this one:    http://allthingsd.com/20101213/multitouch-pioneer-jeff-han-starts-to-think-small-devices/