or Connect

Posts by RaptorOO7

So does this mean the 9/12 rumor date will be pushed back, or are we looking at back orders for the next iPhone for the remainder of 2012?  I hope not I was looking forward to getting one on launch day.
If I still had my old PocketPC Phone from circa 2002 I would be able to recall if they did anything similar but once again the USPTO shows that obvious patents are awarded.  I say that based on the fact that all touch sceen devices existing LONG before the iPhone and there for all touch keyboards also existed long before the iPhone.  That said users were typing on them and needing to have more predictive text input.  Of course Apple once again took another companies idea...
I find it comical that Apple is blaming the economy for sluggish sales given how Apple products have been always proven recession proof, perhaps not.  Perhaps users are smart enough this time around to wait for the iP5 or iP6 or New iPhone or Next iPhone or whatever its going to be called due to the rumored NFC, LTE and larger screen.  Can we be blamed for NOT wanting to spend money on a model that is outdated in 3 months and be old and a year of obsolesence built into it.
Apple's method for calculating their IP value vs Samsungs FRAND IP value is highly distorted.  Without Samsungs IP for UMTS Apple is dead in the water on 3G technology and their devices go no where.  As for their high valuation for trade dress, well that is more hot air hype.   The valuation on trade dress should be based on the real world question of would you buy this Samsung product if it didn't have the following . . . curved corners, bezel around the screen,...
Actually just about every Android tablet looks like that, so does the BlackBerry Playbook in fact just about every tablet today has rounded corners, and a bezel because that is how the display's are made.  Does the BB PlayBook infringe on the iPad?  NO it does not.   The battle is just a way to keep competition from the market.   -Typed on my iPad3 on Verizon LTE.
While this would be great news and I am anxiously awaiting the next iPhone I just don't see it happening.  Apple has always made September about the iPod and Music, iPhone would be October and November would or could be the new mini iPad with revised iPad 3 as well.  This way they would dominate the news cycle for media players, smartphones and tablets leading into Q4 for the holidays and rack up very solid sales.   I would of course be happy to get the next iPhone...
I disagree and do see it as relevant to the case.  Apple's sole mission is to destroy Android and frankly any competing OS that stands in their way.  Jobs was quoted and his disdain towards Android, Google and their OEM's was well known and documented.   What I am starting to see is a bias by Judge Koh, and future grounds for appeal.  Judge Posner's dismissal of the Motorola vs Apple case was on the mark.  Neither side won, neither side lost per se.  But he is 100%...
Its seems the the WSJ is simply the mouth piece for Apple when they want something "leaked" to generate buzz or in the case of the next iPhone build up user acceptance (for those who don't want a larger iPhone) for the larger 4" screen.  This is hardly real news and nothing we haven't heard rumored for months.  Given that Apple has the ability to push out newer technology that costs the same or relatively little more than prior technology (given their purchase volume and...
Compare the iPad to the Xoom to the Galaxy Tab 10.1.  The Xoom and Galaxy Tab look more alike than either of them do to the iPad.  I get it Apple is ticked off that at Samsung over trade dress (packaging yes, product design no).  But the as much as I like Apple products the barrage of lawsuits does show real fear over competition and less about IP protection.  A good number of the patents the USPTO have given should never have been issued.  Judge Posner is right the...
This data is hardly relevant given how the GS3 rolled out globally, and when Samsung's Q2 ended. They had something like 9 million pre-ordered when it was announced so I find these numbers to be off by a wide margin.  The (often wrong) analysts of course don't factor in iPhone sales covers the iPhone 3GS, 4 & 4S vs Samsungs GS3 which is a single model.  How about comparing the 4S vs GS3.   I actually tested out my co-workers GS3 on Verizon and I can say if Apple...