or Connect

Posts by Retina

Part of the Apple site has already been retina-fied (yes, I said it, now add it to the dictionary). However, what about the rest of the web? Surely, there won't be a massive overhaul of most major web sites so that the tiny number of Retina MBP owners can enjoy their screens. That's like asking Microsoft to make the entire Windows 7 and 8 for the very few so that we can enjoy the glorious OS in a virtual machine every now and again. :D   Having said that, I do expect...
Darn auto-correct.
Glancing at the responses, this is the only comment I found out of the 120 that were available as of the time of this writing that apparently gets it. You can have Energy Star 10.0: The Next Generation, or EPEAT Titanium XXX, this is all BS 2.0 and politics 101.This reads like the city of San Francisco just saved the planet. Well, it didn't. If every last computer, tablet, cellphone were all of a sudden made of 100% biodegradable material tomorrow, we're still hurdling...
While we're off topic, please allow me to correct some more inaccuracies: USB 2 is not 12Mbps. That's USB 1.1. USB 2.0 has a maximum theoretical speed of 480Mbps and for the sake of completeness, now we have USB 3.0, which is 5Gbps (approx. 10x speed increase over USB 2.0). So, mstone, when someone gets speeds like 20Mbps or 30Mbps through their ISP, which is a high number, although becoming more common every day, it's still less then...say, 54Mbps a.k.a. 802.11g. Using...
I've been running Mountain Lion since DP4 exclusively with very few issues. The only thing I could find was that sleep mode didn't like one of my apps and actually crashed my new MBP 10,1. However, I have yet to re-install everything from scratch, which is the best thing to upgrade to a major new OS release. There is lots of new eye candy, too! Hey, maybe a new Mac mini will be released alongside Mountain Lion, as was the case last year when Lion was released. (P.S.: I'm...
Yea yea yea...and jailbreaking is awful, too, right? Because it's against "policy"? OS's are too much fun to wait for the final product. I'm not a drone. I can think for myself and nobody here will tell me what, where, or when my "first impression" is supposed to be.
I'm going to miss all of those Flash-based ads everywhere.
Before I take the plunge and buy this pup, I wanted to ask those of you who already own one as to how the display scales. What do I mean by that? OK, you know how any laptop or desktop display you've ever bought has a "native" resolution. Native in this case also means Highest! Some computers let you "scale down" or lower the resolution if the items and text on your screen are too small for you to read and it's a struggle to squint your way through trying to do anything on...