or Connect

Posts by mrrodriguez

Actually the Oppo Find 5 and other Oppo phones have community driven updates. The company relies on community developers to help them with updates and releases.   I don't understand your synical view about modders. When you have 20-30 developers, if one developer creates a ROM that has spyware or other code with criminal intent, the other developers will find it and that developer's reputation will get tarnished. I can understand if you might be wary about the amount of...
  Dude, every single ROM is on a forum post. The OP on that forum post ALWAYS posts a warning saying to install the ROM at your own risk. Everyone that uses XDA ROMs and Roots their phones has plenty of warnings before they mess around with their device. Before rooting your phone, they warn you 20 times that it will void your warranty. Just like everyone knows jailbreaking an iPhone will void your warranty.   Who are the manufacturers going to sue? The consumers? The...
Yeah, Android should make it easier. I used an app once that would notify me whenever an app requested to access certain permission. But what would end up happening was it notified me for every decision I made. It was just annoying.   I think a good implementation would be somewhere in between what XPrivacy does and what iOS does.
Except when you have an update that changes permission needed the system tells you the new permission the app needs. So it you read a permission that says "Allow remote wipe" from a calculator app and you update the app anyways, then you deserve to get your phone remote wiped.
Are they talking about the app signing spoof that basically all of xda uses to get apps that don't work on certain phones (Google Wallet) to load? If so, this is a non-story and like someone said above, it doesn't affect the average consumer or the tech savvy rooters.
Nothing he said was wrong. All the user needs are better permission management tools, which they could bake it into the Play Store app, Sort of like this guy did.
I use a permission manager that I can choose what an app can and can't have access to. Google should bake it into Android to avoid this sort of problems. It'll also fix some malware problems.
 LMAO, sounds legit 
Stop the presses! An OS that is Open Source with 4,000+ different models has fragmentation problems! An OS that's tailored to less than 20 device models doesn't! Thanks DeD, your articles are really eye opening