or Connect

Posts by reefoid

Really?  Maybe you haven't noticed, but nearly all major software houses offer trial versions of their software, including Apple.   Adobe Apple Microsoft Propellerheads Plus Xbox and PS3 demos   I could go on and on.  So in fact, its been fairly standard for years to offer trial versions of software.  The 15 minute refund window is definitely one of the advantages Google Play has over the App Store.  Yes, apps cost a fraction of the price of major software, but that's...
  So basically, your claims on this matter are based on your own personal experience and what you see around you rather than actual documented evidence?  If someone came into this thread and posted an opposite opinion purely based on what they see their acquaintances doing, I'm pretty sure you'd be crying "Where's your evidence?".  Pretty typical of yourself and these forums really.  Pro-Apple - "whatever we say is evidence".  Neutral or anti-Apple - "anecdotal evidence...
  It will only create a schizophrenic experience because Apple don't let you choose default apps.   As for the privacy policy issue, I'm sure you've read Apple's Privacy Policy that states they collect exactly the same data and they can share it for the exact same reasons, including collecting phone numbers of people you contact and using your data for advertising purposes.  There is nothing unusual about Google's privacy policy and is no more invasive than Apple's.
And what has this got to do with anything?  You're confusing the matter by bringing the iPhone into it, which is exactly what Apple tried to do.  This case was about the Tab and an Apple community design.  Its totally irrelevant to this subject (as Apple found out).   Again, totally irrelevant.  They didn't have to file for any kind of slander, they just had to inform the court they didn't believe Apple were complying with the original order and let the court do the...
I think you're confused.  That document does not compare the iPad and Tab at all, only the Tab and the community design in question.  In fact, the word "iPad" only appears 5 times in the document and that isn't to compare it with the Tab.       So three of the occurrences are stating Apple did not contend the iPad should be used as an example of the design.  The other two occurrences are used as general reference to tablets.  Not once is the iPad compared with the Tab.
Wrong on two counts.   First, Apple didn't file the lawsuit, Samsung filed for clarification on whether they infringed on Apple's registered design.   Second, the whole reason Apple had to post the statement on their website is because they made the following statement after Samsung were ruled to have not infringed:   Too many people here don't understand what they are talking about, which is amazing considering how much this has been debated on these and other forums.
  You do know that will be a pretty short list of.......one country!!!   Australia - Preliminary injunction granted for Apple, but this has since been overturned and the final trial has yet to happen. Germany - Registered design case originally went in Apple's favour, but this has been superseded by the UK case so that judgement is no longer valid.  With regards to touchscreen patents, the court ruled against Apple. Japan - Ruled that Samsung did not infringe, other...
Talking of blatant lies:   OK, I'm back because your now providing some funny entertainment.   My quote:       Your response:       Like I say, smoke and mirrors.  Keep going TS, you're making me smile
  Yeah, nice try, but no.  I'm out of here because when all you have left is to put words into my mouth, its a sure sign your argument is destroyed.   Laters.
OK, more smoke and mirrors.     And were ruled against each time.  Seriously, take the hint.   I didn't mention  anything against Apple using words about iPad ANYWHERE on their site, which is what you stated.  I talked about the extra paragraphs they added in their statement on ONE page..  At no point did I mention the iPad, which is what you implied.  Smoke and mirrors, round and round we go.  I'm outta here.