or Connect

Posts by reefoid

Don't want to burst your bubble, but US court decisions mean diddly squat in court cases in other countries, as the recent UK case showed. Believe it or not, the rest of the world is capable of having legal systems that are perfectly capable of judging law on their own merits, not those of the US.
I don't expect Apple to know exactly what I want, but there should be a way to define what I definitely don't want.  I don't play games on my phone, so I don't really want to see games anywhere whilst using the app store.  As someone mentioned earlier, displaying those is just wasted space for me.  Same as apps I already have installed, why do I need to see them if I already have them?  Again, wasted space that could be better used to display other apps I may be...
If the rumours are true, there will be 5 Nexus devices later this year to celebrate Android's 5th birthday, each from a different OEM.
If you're going to do a comparison, don't compare apples to oranges (excuse the pun).  The Samsung screen is the app drawer and is similar across all Android devices, not just Samsung (although each has its own variation according to the OEM's launcher).  The Sense screen is the home screen which is why it looks different, and Samsung home screens are just as different.  Stop spreading fud.
Nice try, but its not arbitrary at all.  A tax loophole is:   an ambiguity in a tax law that enables some individuals or companies to avoid or reduce taxes A technicality that allows a person or business to avoid the scope of a law or restriction without directly violating the law A loophole is an ambiguity in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the intent, implied or explicitly stated, of the system   Note that its...
As I said I don't have a view on Apple's tax affairs as I'm not a tax expert so I can't say whether its a loophole or not.  I was just pointing out there is a difference between tax rules (which governments define) and loopholes (which are, generally, side-effects of changing tax rules).  I'm sure Apple is exploiting loopholes to reduce their taxes across the globe, but then any multi-national company is doing the same.  Its down to government to identify and close them...
TBH, I have no view on Apple's tax affairs, but your definition of a loophole is incorrect.   The situations you cite are just normal tax rules, not loopholes.  A tax loophole is where someone finds a way to circumvent certain tax rules without breaking the law.  One is adhering to the rules, the other is adhering to none (whilst not breaking any either).
I'm amazed at some of the anti-Posner comments in this thread.  To suggest he is biased, losing his grip on reality, doesn't understand because he only uses his phone for email or is too ignorant to sit on the bench just because you don't agree with his comments seems bizarre to me.   The posters here having a debate about the actual subject, rather than the person, are very informative, so why the attacks on someone who probably has more understanding of the subject...