or Connect

Posts by dak splunder

Who? From where? Why?Analyst Dak Splunder said on Monday that the new iPod will come in four shades of white, from eggshell to cream to milk. It will contain no other changes other than coming with a live adorable puppy. You can quote me. :d
This is the most exciting news ever!!!!! I've been waiting for four years to buy an iPhone because it didn't come in white. Black iPhones are teh suck! Finally I can get an iPhone!!!!! I am sooooooooo glad the press has been keeping such close tabs on this!!!!1!!11!
You have strong philosophical points, and you're (spelled as the conjunction of "you" and "are") right that it's best to read things that are at odds with your personal world view and have coherent arguments as to why your beliefs differ from other beliefs. Facts play a big role in this, too. But while politics can be attributed to any group, calling someone part of "the global warming crowd" is like calling someone part of the "round earth crowd." The average temperature...
Yes, that's correct. You're lucky enough to have clairvoyant powers, but I'm going to make a decision based on verifiable fact. There are numerous published articles talking about the apolitical tone that is expected for The Daily, and the reports of the writing/editorial staff that's being hired support that theory. Yeah, it's fucking annoying that some of the subscription money for The Daily will (theoretically) go into Murdoch's pockets. But most of it will go towards...
Seriously, people, read the thread! I despise the propaganda and lies of Fox "news" more than most, but The Daily shows no signs of being related to Fox News. Rupert Murdoch has no personal politics beyond making craploads of money. Fox News rakes in the dough by drawing in millions of ignorant, lazy, and insecure viewers, and Murdoch is thrilled to earn his money this way. The Daily is the first subscription iPad newsmagazine, and Murdoch is thrilled to potentially earn...
The FOX network Launched on October 9, 1986. Rupert Murdoch owned it then. Everything that has ever appeared on the FOX television network (Fox Broadcasting Company) has been under the auspices of Rupert Murdoch. Of course there was a 20th Century Fox before that, but this thread of the discussion has been about how the FOX television network is not right leaning (and is actually more left-leaning) while the Fox "News" channel is a hard-core right-wing media voice. Which...
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp founded the Fox Broadcasting Company in 1986. The Simpsons premiered in 1989.In other words, there never was a "Fox before Murdoch."
I haven't heard anything that says this will be a right (or left) leaning publication. A good friend of mine has been hired as a (non-political) columnist, and she is the opposite of conservative/republican/right wing. Rupert Murdoch goes where the money is. FOX "News" makes him money. But don't forget, the FOX Network isn't right-leaning at all. The Simpsons, Family Guy, Glee, House... all are at least a little left of center if not a lot.
Okay, then let me put words in your mouth. You're saying that if Apple allows some sort of system hack, like assigning different sounds to text messages from different people, or changing your background wallpaper, you know, "crappy little hacks to the OS to do things that ultimately don't really add any real useful abilities to the phone," it's okay. But if Apple doesn't make it part of their default system software, it's not worth having. Jailbreakers are saying there...
Hmmm, I don't know. I do know that when I jailbroke my phone it was still locked to AT&T.