or Connect

Posts by patpatpat

Unfortunately Apple don't cater to the 1%. Given the tremendous success of the 6 and the number of switchers from Android (highly likely due to the screen size) I doubt Apple will ever go back to smaller screens. At least not on the high end anyhow.
Ditto for Apple Maps. It's 100% IOS and the comscore data seems to indicate ~25% reach, or 3 in 4 use none/some other mapping application.Google maps on the other hand is close to 50% reach across Android/IOS which might suggest that Google Maps and IOS Maps get about equal use on IOSI presume that "Google Play" mentioned is Googles Music Streaming app, which seems to follow the same pattern w.r.t iTunes as the mapping apps.
I'd say it means about the same to Android and IOS developers.Plenty of jobs/work.You do realize that google, Facebook, Apple etc (some of the big companies in top 15) all hire loads of developers.
Interestingly in the same comscore report, 5 of the top 10 ranked applications are from Google, Apple has only one iTunes at #10.
 And english comprehension isn't yours "terminal stagnation"?  laughable.
Meanwhile worldwide Period Android iOS Windows Phone BlackBerry OS Others Q1 2015 78.0% 18.3% 2.7% 0.3% 0.7% Q1 2014 81.2% 15.2% 2.5% 0.5% 0.7% Q1 2013 75.5% 16.9% 3.2% 2.9% 1.5% Q1 2012 59.2% 22.9% 2.0% 6.3% 9.5%
Wish I could say the same. Jerky stuttery video about 50% of time. Can't play some videos (slo-mo) from my iPhone 6 to ATV.Maybe things have improved in recent software updates, I've just gotten out of the habit of using it because of unreliability.
Agree, I have ATV, Roku, PS3, PS4 and the ATV is my least used of all these devices for streaming content. I find myself pulling the HDMI cord out of my ATV to connect my macbook to the TV more often that I actually use the ATV box.Without access to Amazon TV, it's just not worth the bother to switch to a different input/UI/Remote. If the endgoal is Amazon/Netflix/hulu UI the the box doesn't really matter.And don't talk to me about Airplay, I've had so many problems...
Hmm, Macworld report on same topic says this.. "The Adobe index took into account anonymous data from Adobe marketing cloud’s clients, mainly network and cable broadcasters that offer paid streaming of their premium TV content. The data did not include streaming-only services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, nor free YouTube views."   yet AI report says this..   "Everywhere TV," including on-demand video services such as Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go and over 300 related...
Sure, I'll take your word as a self confessed google app avoider versus my own experience and the hundreds of thousands of positive reviews on the app store. Must rush off and delete all those google apps, right away.