or Connect

Posts by pfisher

Motorola did a study many years ago around the time of the Mac clone period. They found that 95% of computer users did not upgrade their computers. I'm sure those people either didn't care or they just upgraded their whole machine later. You could say Apple is going for the lowest common denominator in consumers of targeting those who don't care about specs and just want something that works. Seems a lot of people who visit the Apple store are like that. They are not...
Companies only care about margins. I wonder what their margins were on the old minis. I don't think Apple ever intended for their machines to be for hobbyists. And Apple has always disliked headless machines. At least so more now. Not defending the company. We all want cheap computers. But people have certain expectations for the company. Apple wants to go where the money is.
No big deal. I think we all have to get used to the new world if quick change and people typing and not writing perfect sentences. Most people these days are reading so much online, they are mentally skimming articles. I used to be really picky about grammar, but it appears to be less important to most people these days in the online world. Now, novels or technical manuals might be a different story. When those have errors, then the credibility gap widens. P.S. This...
Yep, I meant that instead of Apple shipping its own products, they license the software, like the company that came out with their TV with the AppleTV interface. Just like Apple licensed its car dash technology.
Here is an altered version of previous theory: Apple makes good margin off the Air / now Air 2. Makes good margin off of the phone and laptops. Since iPads can be seen as a replacement for a second computer in the home, it seems they don't want this lower margin Mini 3 cutting into its high margin products. They specifically don't want the mini 3 cutting into the Air/Air 2 margins. So why sell the Mini/Mini 2 cheap? Probably for 2 reasons:   1) Apple has no choice - if...
Agreed. Not sure why they called it a "3", when it should have been a "2S" at the most. Or they shouldn't have even mentioned it. Maybe they want two distinct categories, Air and the "lowly" mini. Oh well, Apple is a company that is hard to figure out sometimes. Just like what seems like two steps back on the Mac mini. Maybe they just want to sell MacBooks and not Mac minis. 
Just kidding, but they could also throw in the phone hardware and claim it to be the world's largest cellphone. A lot of people would buy it.
Is it exactly the same chip? What about external drive specs and buses and all of that biz? Then you can't run OS X - for better or worse. Just asking as we have a Chromebook (the old 720) as getting the C720 sounds like a good idea for the average person. Depends on what you want to do with your computer...
I'm thinking one or more of the below needs to be done:   1) Make and sell it cheaper (while keeping most of the   2) Add more features that make it more compelling to buy ("a must buy")   3) Give people a reason to buy one (new buyer or someone upgrading) Unfortunately, people don't want tablets all that much when they have their smartphone. Your smartphone does "everything" and it fits in your pocket (not sure about the new Google phone). We have an iPad and two laptops...
Must be for sure. The Air 2 is a huge upgrade (to me). Primo product. Priced fair, but too expensive to be a regular consumer product.