or Connect

Posts by pfisher

So maybe a modest basket of channels for a modest price. Maybe costlier than satellite?
...don't get us started...haven't run across a Windows laptop with anything too close to what Apple has created for trackpads. However, our cheapie ($100) Chromebook trackpad is pretty great. I believe it's about one company that makes all of the Windows trackpads? more or less. Should be called crappads. Pretty useless on our work laptops over many years.
Next, the keyboard keys will have this haptic feedback and we'll have the first laptop without any moving parts...
Probably your data is getting sold anytime you make any electronic purchase or order anything online or use one of those store club cards.
Yeah, and Vons in California, which was owned by Safeway, fought a guy in court who slipped on some water in their store. They  pulled up his shopping records and showed that he bought a lot of wine and that he was a lush. Something to that effect. Funny, Albertsons stopped using cards - wonder why.
Hopefully, all of these changes are more pressure for more choices. I love Netflix, but it's somewhat limited - Especially the movie selection, and that's putting it mildly. But we are too cheap and don't spent too much time in our home theater to make it worth signing up for something and paying more to subscription services. Too bad that Netflix doesn't have tiers of service where you can pay more for more streaming content, like more movies. We can only hope for the old...
Don't really understand why they want to get into the content package service. Where do you draw the line on what markets you want to get into and which markets to stay out of? It would be cool enough if there was a store where any broadcast service could allow people to buy and add the service to their AppleTV (and phone and other devices). A la carte. Then it would seem Apple would not have to negotiate broadcast rights. Just leave it up to the provider (NBC, ABC,...
We are very happy with T-Mo. Of course, depends on where you live. I don't think T-Mo wants a race to the bottom, but they do offer great deals to bring customers over. Hopefully, it's enough revenue that they can continue to improve service and get more customers. Seems Verizon can have the upper hand in deploying better services simply because they do charge more and are not shy about it. So far, T-Mo's been doing some good strategizing. Great about the unlimited music...
It's documented in John Bogle's book, "The Little Book of Common Sense Investing." Index funds will outperform managed funds over time. With that said, I have Vanguard Wellington Admiral Shares which is managed, but has done well for decades and is pretty cheap.
  Apple has grown a lot. People may be wondering if the machine is going to slow down. There are other stocks out there from other companies that don't have the popularity of Apple.  Also, I don't watch TV (not for about 8 years) and I've never seen CNBC. I do read the WSJ on Saturdays. It's clear I didn't have any evidence for what I wrote. It's conjecture. I said "we don't know" what the future holds. I know enough about investing from reading John Bogle's books and...