or Connect

Posts by pfisher

Good point. Apple could meet halfway on the ChromeBook/HP $200 Windows machines with something compromised and cheaper.   And people are buying keyboards for iPads to get a lot of work done, so...we'll have to stay tuned. Who knows what these machine will be. I would suspect ARM-based chip for longevity, weight, size, price, usefulness as a cheaper, niche product. $599?   Maybe Apple would then be looking at what greater market share they could capture without going...
Proof that the effects on judgment have kicked in
It's surprising Apple sells as many Macs and the market does grow in light of tablets and phones doing much of what a Mac can do. In our family, you can find us on our phones the vast majority of the time. Wife and daughters don't use a computer. Just phone and iPads. And a Mac, while awesome, is overkill for a lot of people. With their phones and iPads doing 95% of the work, it's easy to see why people just stay with their "trucks", their PCs. So, this is pretty awesome...
I'm ready to get another TV device. I can run Netflix on my Sony Blu-Ray, along with other channels, but the interface is horrible.   We want to pick up a box that runs tons of other channels and services we can install.   We've been waiting forever for an update where AppleTV can exceed what the others offer, but it still seems to be standing still while others have raced past it.   We could stream all of the stuff from ATV through our phones, but we don't want to...
I'd like to see how difficult or easy it is to write a desktop Windows 10 app and convert it over to a phone or tablet. How will it look? What work goes into the new form factor? Also, if the app is on a tablet, does it look like a tablet app when it is not attached to keyboard and act and look like a desktop when the keyboard is attached? It is easy to say that if it works on a desktop, it will work on a phone. We shall see. But good for one platform OS. Great for...
I'm often mesmerized by my iP6+. It's simply the most amazing hardware ever. Expect to see a lot more improvements in the future.
They will have to, to ensure everyone on the planet has an iPhone eventually.
I like the consistency of a single shirt style. It's a uniform of sorts and having different kinds in a store could confuse people. People react to employee "uniforms". People may think, well, what is the role of that person with that shirt.   The logo in the middle was great. Don't see any advantage of moving it and making it smaller?   Of course, should allow employees to wear undershirt of some kind because of the comfort factor.   Is this change for change's...
Not sure how they can offer it free to manufacturers, though. I'm sure they will charge them something, although probably not much. Too bad PC manufacturers are stuck with selling a lot of their hardware cheap in the race to the bottom, then have to put all the junk software on PC to make any profit. There was an HP executive who a few years ago said that HP had to sell a pallet of laptops to make the profit of a single iPad. Apple builds the price of OS X into the...
Only the iPad is doomed?