or Connect

Posts by pfisher

I didn't give any number. I'm not against a bet. I was going to be $1.  Apple will sell a lot. I have no doubt about  that. Especially the first year. My point is that it will be a niche product. 10 million a year is still a niche. After that it will drop. If you think people don't upgrade iPads that much, wait until the watch. The iPad at least provides a ton of value for the price. Sadly, the watch will not. Again, for $349 and up to have an extended screen (with some...
Ok cool. I still don't see the value proposition. It's not going to be the next big thing like other Apple products of the past. It will just be a niche product. Definitely not for the masses like other products.People just seem to get too worked up about this watch.
I wonder what percentage of Mac users need Windows emulation. Less than 5%?   With Apple dumping pro products and going for the mass market (movie and photo software), would it be any surprise if Apple went to primarily iOS laptops? Maybe there is some emulation work to run OS X apps, but the future is simpler computers for the mass market.   It all started with the Mac Plus, more or less. Steve wanted a computer to be as easy to use as a toaster.   iOS has grown on...
Well, some people like the Android watches. To each his or her own. http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Watch-Retail-Packaging/dp/B00LGJ9JRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423706475&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+g+watch
Apple announced the watch too soon. Should have waited. Now the watch is turning into over promise where people will perceive as under deliver. We have heard too much and much of it speculation. I am still struggling to see why people would pay $349 and up for a device that is only a limited extension of a phone screen. And it need to be constantly charged although about as much as a phone. Why do people want or need this? Just asking. At least android shipped a watch.
With the size of the screen and usability, the watch is more of a "nice to have". Fort that price for the limits of what it can do (compared to phone), upgrades by consumers are not going to come often. It's really in iPad territory where it's really a luxury item of sorts (for a lot of people) - not necessary, but if you have the bucks, go for it and have a way to look at your watch instead of pulling your phone out. And a lot of people don't wear watches. I wear a $25...
Still can't see a use for the watch that makes it worth $349 and up.
How do the screens compare with Dell? I heard the Dells were really good. Not all of course
Some major changes underfoot for sure.
Great point. Leave in option for extensions.