or Connect

Posts by pfisher

That can't be. Some analysts have said that the stock will soar past $1000. Just wait. Just wait.
You mean copying cost? In addition to good design? Why even copy the clock? It's a busy looking image. No thanks.
Yes, pathetic.   You know, my daughter is in high school. She told me some people can't even read a clock. They are so used to digital.   Also, besides copying the design (which is total FAIL), it's too complicated. It should be simpler. Or something innovative and different.   Thankfully, Ive is in charge now and will turn things around.    Forstall is a bozo.   P
Good for MS. They know they need to go all out and carve out an ecosystem. Otherwise, they lose the future.   P
The world of computing should be very different in a few years. As we have seen in the last 15 years, things change tremendously.
Yes, I checked out the mini at the Apple Store and immediately loved it. Better than the original iPad? Since it is small and you can pretty much anything on it that you can on the regular iPad. And then lift up the regular iPad. It weighs a ton compared to the mini. If I didn't have my iPhone and MBP, I'd probably get one. The cellular version.
Great little analysis there. I played around with one at our university bookstore and I immediately fell in love with it. Like you said, the screen is better than iPad 2, wish it had retina. Will probably hold out until next fall for the retina, if mobile refreshes now all occur in the pre-Christmas season.
Well, Amazon did lose money last quarter!
I completely agree. Having used computers for 35 years, iOS is stale as all heck. Why can't I turn wifi on and off without digging into settings? Yeah, I could jailbreak...   The cellular radio is expensive. The display should have been much better.   Forstall is out, and as we've heard, he was a bottleneck to change.   And I used the Podcast app for the first time in iOS 6 and it's horrible. What's with the reel-to-reel decks? How about some green/orange shag carpet?...
Apple is probably moving its iPad refresh to fall, so this was a good time to do it. Good for the Christmas seasons. Seems like a lot of the Apple refreshes are moving to later in the year.