or Connect

Posts by pfisher

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. I cannot remember the last time I used the DVD drive or ethernet.   Actually, I don't know if I ever used them!   The Airs are pure Apple. Sweet and great for the value - if you value great products.
I agree. Apple Maps looks pretty, but a long way to go. Seems they are focusing on the wrong things.    I tried Apple Maps on my MacBook to look up northern Thailand. Just terrible. So few features such as roads and rivers.    Maybe they will get better - where it matters.   I will admit that I have found Apple Maps to be accurate and Google Maps to be way off on at least two occasions. Apple was spot on and Google was not.
I hope Apple blows their socks off.    Competition is good.
Say what you will, but I've bought an ASUS MeMO tablet. I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro and a family with these wants/needs, so a cheap tablet is fine at $86 refurbished. The tablet is fine for Kindle app, Nook app, IMDB and websurfing while watching a movie at home. Would love to have a Retina iPad, but at $399 for 16 GB, can't do. And for refurbished, you have to add sale tax is some places. Pretty tiresome that Apple loves the $_99.00 pricing scheme. 
That's why I no longer buy individual stocks. Too risky. No matter, you think a stock is going to go up and it goes down and the other way around. Best to just invest in a diversified portfolio of low-cost index funds which beat analysts and you and I the great majority of the time and the costs are far lower (compared to managed funds). Just read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" and most of the books was decades of evidence that people can't outsmart the market. John...
What's the purpose of the round face? They say in the add that square is boring or something and they are bringing the circle back.   The circle serves a purpose for a 12 o'clock dial.   Square is fine.    My bet is Apple goes square for functionality. Everything the have made is square.   P
Jesse needs to work at helping people when they are young who don't have access to opportunity.   You can't necessarily go and ask companies to hire people with diversity in mind, if you don't have enough of a diverse population qualified.   The disadvantaged are neglected and you need to start with them. Especially poor and without access to resources to get ahead.
I think Apple's software division is sucking. Hardware is great.    I have frequent problems I didn't have in the past. Worse, Apple is aware of the problems, but they don't seem to be timely about addressing. Like Mail, which I stopped using when I lost mail (using Airmail, thank you very much).   Now problem (today) is using Numbers. Made spreadsheet in Excel, works fine in Numbers and Numbers on the web. But does not work with iOS (does not show up on phone).   I...
I use Office 2007 at work. I like it on my work PC.   I have Office 2011 on my Mac at home.   I got tired of the "broken link" message when opening Excel. Go online for a solution and it doesn't work.   I use Numbers on my iPhone. I like it a lot. I never really used it on my Mac.   After this article, I opened up my Excel spreadsheets in Numbers, saved to iCloud, and I LOVE it.    So, MS has lost me now on Office. For what I do, Numbers is just great. Just...
My phone was bricked after the "small" update. Luckily, I was at home and connected to iTunes. Sucks.