or Connect

Posts by pfisher

We all have to remember that the whole market could drop 30% or so at any time. The market has not corrected since 2008. The fed QE and interest rates of 0% have made a market that is not normal. It's a bit of a repeat in behavior after 2001 and we know how 2008 turned out. People are wetting themselves over Apple stock. It doesn't operate in a vacuum. A black swan event could happen today or next month or in 3 years. Hopefully people are diversified with a risk they...
 You mean before, so the rest of us can shop in peace?
 A lot of people would prefer a device that comes close to at least mimicking a DSLR in imagery in a phone over a true DSLR. DSLRs are awesome, but nothing is as awesome as a phone in your pocket. When we visited Europe last winter, we opted to use our iPhones over our Canon cameras. It was way too convenient and you had to worry less about someone taking your device, because it was in your pocket and not strapped over your shoulder - especially in Paris.'I have loved all...
And technological advances seem to be exploding on the scene. Anything is possible. http://corephotonics.com/technologies/computational-photography/
Take my money. Phones are the future of cameras for most people most of the time. DSL-like will seal the deal. Can't wait.
The whole market is up, so of course Apple is up.   Apple could go down in a correction.   Ok, cool, keep your Apple stock. Hopefully, no one is betting on one horse!
It's all risk and stock holders choose what risk they want. You can't be rational about the stock market in a lot of aspects.   Carl Icahn was just saying yesterday that there will be a correction in the next 3-5 years, but he said he doesn't know. He said it could be tomorrow or in three days.   No one really knows where things will head and that is especially for Apple.   No sour grapes here. Happy with 401k in index funds at a risk level I'm willing to...
T-Mo is better, overall, for us. Cheaper and great in the cities and most places we travel to. Also, you can actually read and understand T-Mo bills.   AT&T is another one of those giant, messed up corporations that is full of smoke and mirrors and only eye on customer is on their wallet. We had them for years.   Simply love T-Mo because if I want to modify our plan, it's very simple and not confusing.   If you have billing issues or other issues, easy to call them...
Point is, a lot of people (more than 1%) looking for an auxiliary internet device under $300, are going to look see an iPad and see a cheaper non-Apple device, whether Windows, Chrome, or other tablets. That explains the market share pointing toward cheaper (non-Apple) tablets.
Won't debate that. You can log into a Chromebook in guestmode.  Privacy isn't necessarily an on/off yes/no binary situation. Someone should write a big-old article on the topic. Because most opinions and topic discussion on privacy are very black and white. It would be good for people to reference when they want to put privacy controls on their laptops. Privacy? A lot of people don't block trackers. Maybe most people?