or Connect

Posts by pfisher

AApple's planned obsolescence. Clearly and obviously.
 Apple seems pretty firm about values of shipping stuff that's not junk ("We couldn't build a laptop under $500 that wasn't junk"). Or is it okay to sell overpriced stuff that's not great? I've always felt that Apple retained certain values of quality and reasonably priced products for what you get. Maybe that doesn't extend to accessories, like 30 cent iPad covers that sell for $40 (or whatever) or 30 cent iPhone cases that sell for $40. Overpriced accessories are for...
I don't feel Apple is providing value here. Just a guess and probably right.   I feel Apple is cashing in on its name, when it could have sold good headphones for a lot less than $300.
"Regular" consumer headphones shouldn't cost $300. I could see pros in the music business needing good headphones for creating music. But consumers?   We use our standard Apple headphones and they are really good for us.   Most people shouldn't need headphones that cost more than $100 or even $200.   Will there be a matching $999 Apple Watch to go with those? Wouldn't be surprised.   Thanks Apple for high margins!
Jobs was always misleading people. Maybe big phones were what he wanted, but the tech wasn't there for what he wanted.   He was the ultimate deceiver, but people will hang on every word he would say.
Funny to see that they are still selling it via their website for $199 (and that may very well be the carrier lock-in) But MS is still selling Windows RT tablets on the same page as the Windows 8 tablet. Pretty sad, because both tablets look like they run the same software and MS has abandoned RT. That's MS for you:  1) Abandonware  2) So big and bureaucratic that their software isn't very consumer friendly.
World domination.   Ping is coming back in another incarnation.
This is all very good for competition. It's good to see that MS is finally changing its ways and waking up and releasing its no longer the 800 pound gorilla (for consumers). These steps they are taking will benefit the consumer.    
Any placing bets that the iWatch will bomb? It looks like it will have lackluster response. I hope they were asking themselves why people need one. My $25 Casio performs admirably and who needs to extend their phone to a watch? Making life easier by making it more complicated.
But it's now two-dimensional, so super-thin.