or Connect

Posts by pfisher

One rich band got richer at the expense of everyone else.   As someone on some podcast said, "People don't value free." People will usually value what they pay for.   For instance, a friend's uncle put a fridge out on the street and put a sign that said, "Free". It sat there for days. Then one day he put a sign that said, "$50", and that night the fridge disappeared.
I downloaded it.   I found the music "good", but it was dull.    It was like the easy listening version of U2 of the past. Nothing to write home about, but ok.   It was an odd choice for Apple to do that. But it was odd for them to buy Beats  - the entire business.
  True, for a lot of stocks you could have destroyed the market. And you could have lost your shorts, too, on a lot of stocks. Index funds are not just for beginner.I would say that individual stocks are for real gamblers. In fact, some "gamblers" have much of their money in index funds and have some money set aside for individual stocks. It's easy to look in the rear view mirror and say, "Yeah, that was a smart/dumb move". Again, only 20% of stock fund managers beat index...
Wow, well there you go.
That's the problem with buying individual stock. It's not really a good idea. I almost broke down and bought GTAT. How could you lose? Anyway, it doesn't matter how much Apple is worth. Every company is affected by forces greater than itself (like the stock market, in general). Warren Buffet recently said it himself: best to be diversified in no-load (low cost) index funds,  like Vanguard (as he specifically pointed out). Anyway, index funds beat fund managers 80% of the...
That's why some of us prefer to buy the "S" models, which seem to fix the issues that come with the "non-S" models.
 Any bets the AppleTV will look and do pretty much the same in five years? A lot of people have been waiting for some things to happen with AppleTV (excluding Gene Munster here, but regular consumers). All Apple has been able to do in the years ATV came out is add a lot of buttons for channels that a lot of people don't use. ATV is just a Netflix device pretty much for most people. They need to open that puppy up and allow other channel apps that other TV devices have had...
Seems he unconsciously "borrows" heavily from others. You wonder if he is becoming too full of himself. And how much credit do you keep giving to one person? We all knew Steve J. got a lot of credit, but people knew that he had great people around him that contributed heavily. And he pushed those people to be more great than they thought they could be. Apple needs to get back to being iconoclastic. Seems they won't. They will become a caricature of themselves?  Or will...
Companies that make watches probably need two kinds of customers:   1. People who mostly just want to know what time it is (like myself, with a $25 Casio, after getting tired of pulling the phone out for 3 years) 2. Those who want something far more than that (changable faces, apps, whatever else that may be)   Maybe Apple will hit on it to make a market for people category #2 and create a market for those people who are not #1 or #2, but would become...
  I rarely use my phone as a phone. Maybe once a week to call? I could see myself with the 6+ as a tradeoff phone/iPad for reading and as a portable computer. A lot of people hardly talk on the phone anymore. As was said here before, cheaper to have a 6+ (and only deal with one device) than have an iPhone + iPad. As Android has shown, there is a market for big phones. If anything, the iPhone 6+ will cut into tablet sales. For sure. A lot of people only want one device. And...