or Connect

Posts by pfisher

I like the Chromebook updates. Hardly noticeable. OS X updates are a bit wearing. And OS X is getting more sluggish on older equipment.   As someone said, Chromebook OS just works. Cloud integration is great.   Another nice thing: plug in a hard drive and it is read without installing drivers (like Windows) or plug in a mouse and it just works. Printing can be an issue for some as you need a Cloud Print capable printer or have a PC or Mac tied to printer, but that's...
Agree. As a property owner paying taxes, Chromebooks are the way to go. They work great and they are cheap (cost-wise). Better a Chromebook that Windows, of course!
Funny, has anyone asked the kids which they prefer and which they are more productive with?   Most of the people on this forum seem to blindly think the iPad is better. Depends.   Chromebooks sound like a win in a lot of ways, although there are areas where iPads would be just fine.   There is a lot of FUD on Chromebooks in this thread. ChromeBooks work just fine. I use mine 99% of the time over the MacBook Pro.
I don't understand Google. They could kill in the sub $250 market with tablets if they had some standards. Google is doing great in the Chromebook (cheap PC) market. I don't think there are really any crappy Chromebooks out there and they start at $199. It's baffling that there are so many crap tablets being allowed to ship.  You would think all of the crap tablets would stop selling after people wised up and stopped buying them, but it appears that there's more crap than...
Chromebooks, rather than MacBooks, are probably better fit for a lot of people. A couple asked me to help them pick a laptop under $500. I suggested a $300 Chromebook based on their requirements - a device for watching movies and using the internet and they don't need or use DVD or CDs or need console-style games - and they don't like tablets. I also recommended Chrome because they are foolproof.  I didn't mention Windows PCs, because Windows has too many potential...
More people are buying smartphones and forgoing the tablets. As I've said before, a tablet, for most people, is a "tweener" device.   Most of us have computers and we have a smartphone. Adding a third device...not as likely for a lot of people. Even if they buy that tablet, they will reach for their phone.   Three devices is one too many for many people.   People love their smartphones. They do about everything and you can put it in your pocket. Not so much love for...
I think there is a misunderstanding. I think my point was missed my point on higher risk, higher reward. You don't dump a lot of money into one stock or new technology unless you are willing to gamble. For the record, I am well-diversified in low-cost Vanguard Admiral index funds and I do dollar-cost average every two weeks from my paycheck with employer match and we have benefited from the stock market very well the last several years, after being hammered in 2008 like...
The development of this movie could be made into a movie - if it gets made. You wonder if by the time it comes out, that anyone will actually be interested.
Yes, and maybe the easiest way to put it into perspective is to view the stock market as legalized gambling. Higher risk comes the potential of higher reward - or big losses (like people losing their life savings and that of their families by investing every dollar they had saved up into an Apple supplier in Arizona...
You very nicely put what I've been trying to put into words for a long time. Nice.  People buy a *cheap* Android device because one or more of the following: - Don't like Apple products- Liked the attractive price (what snagged me 4 times to buy and have issues with all 4)- Like Android over iOS (don't ask me why)- Don't have the money for an iPad- Think the iPad is limited due to lack of VGA ports and whatnot- Mostly want something cheap for reading