or Connect

Posts by pfisher

Chrome is awesome. I cringe when Safari opens on a link. I wish we could make a default browser a choice of our own.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/01/25/british-regulator-fines-einhorn-in-insider-trading-case/   Maybe Einhorn needs the money to pay off this:   Greenlight Capital to Pay $11 Million Fine in Insider Case
I hear Google has hardly done squat with Moto Mobility since they bought them.
I like Pandora, but I feel that the range of what I hear on stations is better on Spotify.   Even though I paid the annual $36 for Pandora, I usually use the free Spotify.   The advantage of Pandora is that it is web-based (no app), so I can run it at work.   The Spotify iPhone app interface could use some work. But it's okay.
Irony is all too often when people should say coincidence. I guess people want to feel crafty and make their article interesting, even though they are using the wrong word. In fact, it seems that "coincidentally" is going out of style people are opting for "ironically."
I refuse to use Apple maps. I was traveling in Oregon to find a town and Apple Maps was off by 15 miles!   I was at the Washington Department of Licensing near Seattle and I searched "DOL" and it gave me some place in Anacortes, about 2 hours away. Inside the DOL I typed Department of Licensing and it gave me the DOL in a town 75 miles away from me.   Google Maps was spot on.   Apple: Please let us set default apps on our iPhones. I want all my searches and links to bring...
Coworker bought a Kindle Fire for his wife and she doesn't use it.   I bought an Archos tablet and used it for awhile, but it was pretty crappy. This was about 2 or 3 years ago.   Another coworker uses his Kindle Fire for consumption.   My Archos went in a closet and I got an iPad (refurbished). Then the Archos battery bloated and destroy the Archos. The Archos was okay for reading. There were very few apps useful on it. I could not access the Google store....
My work Dell laptops work pretty well. Haven't had a problem, although the screen wiggles a little. But that's after 2 years. Works fine for me. However, I do love my MacBook.   I had an HP laptop, also, and it was junk. But I only paid $250 for it. It worked for the price.
I may do the same.
I would think the Apple keyboard would be just fine. I had one for my iPad. Now it's my AppleTV remote control...