or Connect

Posts by pfisher

A poke at Apple? That's a stretch.   I thought the ad was jabbing the NFL. Like when the NFL sued fan sites for mentioning their teams and using team logos.  
Intense interest? It sounds like they don't know what to do next, although a lot of people are asking for more content and apps.....   My AppleTV is just my Netflix box. Don't really use it for anything else. It needs to be more like Roku. More content. Where's the Amazon streaming app? Other content apps? Hello?   Apple seems to be getting slower and slower with ideas and innovations and new features in their products. Sad.
I uses Pages for some things, but prefer MS Office on Windows and Mac depending on what I'm doing. If I'm playing with spreadsheets, Office 2010 for Windows is better, although Office 2011 Mac is neat and efficient in other ways.   Microsoft does make good software. Not perfect, but neither is Apple.
I like MS Office 2011. However, I like Office 2010 on Windows better. I'm far more productive (keyboard shortcuts and navigation) with work using Windows 7 and Office 2010. Mac is fine for home use.   Sadly, software does not feel snappy on Mac as it does on Windows. Finder is slow and buggy. It's probably because OS X is old and creaky underneath.   Overall prefer Mac, but Windows has Apple beat in a lot of areas with Windows 7 (let's not talk about Windows 8 - fail).
I've got one of those Apple BT keyboards that should come in handy for Netflix.   Apple really needs to do something with the AppleTV. It's so far less capable than other solutions out there in terms of access to other content. We need apps for Amazon video and Hulu. Other boxes do much more with many more channels.   I still prefer the AppleTV for ease of use, but seriously Apple has not done much with AppleTV. Are they afraid people will use it as a $100 computer?
Apple was suffering pretty badly in the 1990's. They almost lost MS Office. Yes, as your share goes down, you reach a point where you can't likely dig out of a hole. Microsoft and RIM are there right now to struggle to grow share and developer support.   Their margins are too high. Not sure if it is greed, but they can no longer charge what they have charged in the past.   Their iPads with extra ram and LTE are way overpriced. Note, I've been using Apple products for 30...
That is why Samsung is eating Apple's lunch. Maybe $200-250 is too low, but a mid-range phone would be good. I consider all of their phones high-end cost-wise. Sell an unlocked phone for $350-400 and maybe Apple won't lose more market share. Apple is getting hammered. Outside of the US it's going to be 95% Android I bet, over time.
  Completely agree with you on everything. A cheaper phone. Can be done. Easily. And a larger phone. I need a larger phone. I rarely make calls on my iPhone, so a larger phone for computing would be perfect.   I won't buy an iPad because with LTE and 32 GB, it's WAY overpriced. Apple needs to stop gouging customers on upping the RAM and adding LTE. What a ripoff.   Disclaimer: I've been using Apple products for 30 years. And my kids and I have MacBook Pros and iPhones...
Probably plastic back like the iPhone 3G/3GS. Less top-notch as an iPhone 5, but cheap to build. It's can be just about the OS.   Apple has no choice. They can't become marginalized like a repeat of the Mac/Windows thing. I lived through that and it wasn't pretty.   Doesn't matter if you have the nicest, most expensive hardware running the nicest OS. Especially when A LOT of people don't care about the OS, just the cost and features. And Android WILL be on parity with...
It's still too early to tell. MS has deep pockets and will have more hardware coming out. In time, more people will have MS tablets, and maybe a lot of people will use it.   MS needs to fix Win 8. I put it on my MacBook and I got very frustrated with the navigation. I like the OS, but they need better visual cues for navigation. Or make it easier to navigate. There is a tool out there that will turn off the new interface and give you the Win 7-like desktop.