or Connect

Posts by pfisher

Search is still broken.
I guess I'll be a troll too.iPhone 6+ - screen rotation sticks and you have to close app and rotate phone and launch app again. Also springboard from locked screen often doesn't work. Want a quick picture to take? You might miss it because you have to unlock phone and launch camera app. Goes for wanting to use flashlight as well. Also Podcast app doesn't update in background over wifi still. Other than that it's pretty good. Enough to be super annoying when your locked...
My feeling is that under Jobs, Apple found ways to undermine the promotional efforts of others by creating massive amounts of buzz. It seems the buzz was super super strong under Jobs, but still exists, to a certain extent. Apple has been stealing the thunder right around the time that others are promoting their technology and goods, like at CES and this conference. This sounds like another bomb they dropped that was strategically given a date. Basically, "no one" is going...
If Google wasn't doing fine, they they'd change their strategy. I assume Google and Android are doing just fine, even with smaller profits. They have the market and now they have far more customer data than Apple. That's their model and that seems to be fine with Google and its customers?Google Android and Apple sounds like apples and oranges. Apple is going for hardware profits and Google is going for information profits - selling info on customers. Right or wrong, creepy...
Funny, how Apple is being more like Microsoft has been as it gets bigger and MS is getting more like Apple and Google as it becomes more platform agnostic. Seems the more you are the top dog in certain markets, you can do as you please - until you can't. No problem. Apple doesn't have to be the best and most useful for everything. Or they are just focusing where they can now and limit their offerings to get more right rather than less right.
Ha ha
Everyone has patents on almost the same stuff.  Copycats in the sense that maybe they are doing something about displays now that everyone else is in the game. Anyway, Apple is a copycat company, as we all know. It's just that they take existing ideas and implementations and make them much better is it seems like every case. Kind of like the larger iPad that's purported to come out later this year. If they do...I would consider that a copycat act of aping what MS has...
Of course, students can get Office 365 for free:     http://www.microsoft.com/education/ww/StudentAdvantage/Pages/hed-install.aspx     Or the simpler version for free via your Live.com account. 
Copycats.
That is nuts. How can you refuse?