or Connect

Posts by pfisher

Maybe a poor choice of Disney for copying. Disney has taken public domain stories and made butt-loads of money.   They have also tried to copyright public domain stories.   They were behind extending the copyright laws to forever it seems:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act   Disney is BAD. For everyone.
But they should feel *shameful* about what they produce. Probably the CEO of that outfit tells everyone what to do, even though they don't have the opportunity to put out a product like the iPhone 5. Even my former partner, who hates Apple for some reason, got sick of her Samsung phone and got an iPhone. Yeah. And her husband who has been self-described Apple-hater, bought an iPhone, too. ("Just for the games, though...")
I wonder why people are concerned with Samsung. Someone at work helped me to activate their Galaxy S5. What a cheap-feeling phone. I will never forget taking off that cheap-ass thin plastic back of the case to put in the battery. Yuck. No thanks. The only benefit was the bigger screen...other than that it felt cheap.
 LG makes great washers and dryers. I wouldn't discount them. An American company has a cheap knockoff of the LG washers and dryers, but they are just a little cheaper and crap (belt-driven washers instead of a direct motor). I forgot the name of the company, but they almost look like LG W/D. Let's stop stereotyping entire nations. Better yet, let's buy the best product out there.
I bought a factory refurbished Asus MeMO 7" tablet. It kept freezing up and when wake from sleep, touch screen wouldn't work.   I got a replacement and it freezes every 30 minutes.   I just wanted something for reading and websurfing. I don't need the power of an iPad (and I want a cheaper tablet with a good screen).   May go Kindle Fire, may give up and go for the iPad. However, I have a coworker who loves his Kindle Fire and he's an iPhone user.   Depends on your...
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro. I cannot remember the last time I used the DVD drive or ethernet.   Actually, I don't know if I ever used them!   The Airs are pure Apple. Sweet and great for the value - if you value great products.
I agree. Apple Maps looks pretty, but a long way to go. Seems they are focusing on the wrong things.    I tried Apple Maps on my MacBook to look up northern Thailand. Just terrible. So few features such as roads and rivers.    Maybe they will get better - where it matters.   I will admit that I have found Apple Maps to be accurate and Google Maps to be way off on at least two occasions. Apple was spot on and Google was not.
I hope Apple blows their socks off.    Competition is good.
Say what you will, but I've bought an ASUS MeMO tablet. I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro and a family with these wants/needs, so a cheap tablet is fine at $86 refurbished. The tablet is fine for Kindle app, Nook app, IMDB and websurfing while watching a movie at home. Would love to have a Retina iPad, but at $399 for 16 GB, can't do. And for refurbished, you have to add sale tax is some places. Pretty tiresome that Apple loves the $_99.00 pricing scheme. 
That's why I no longer buy individual stocks. Too risky. No matter, you think a stock is going to go up and it goes down and the other way around. Best to just invest in a diversified portfolio of low-cost index funds which beat analysts and you and I the great majority of the time and the costs are far lower (compared to managed funds). Just read "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" and most of the books was decades of evidence that people can't outsmart the market. John...