or Connect

Posts by pfisher

The Slate may fail from competition that has better and cheaper solutions. The Slate is expensive compared to the competition. With that said, the 12" iPad sounds like a niche product that probably isn't needed or wanted by most people. Like the 17" MacBook Pro. Same could be said for all or most iWatches and the Apple Hifi speaker system.
Glad to hear it is "secretive". If it was "secret", we wouldn't have heard about it.   Apple is better at keeping quiet.   It seems since Apple has brought in outside people, they can't double down on secrecy and get people to keep quiet.   Meh.
Time will tell. Some of us didn't see the iPhone as that big of a deal. "I mean, typing on a screen? My current phone works just fine." Who knows, but the watch won't gain traction for a couple of years. There has to also be the killer apps that make it  indispensable. And it has to be iPhone-independent. And it needs to last longer than a day on a battery. Suppose most people will keep their $25 watches that do what they do for what they want them to do and last for...
Ok kids, powder your wigs, shoe your horses and get ready for some real phone fun!
I like how my daughter bought a new Mac and did Time Machine and did a move of her old machine to new. Office would not work. She contacted MS and they told her she'd have to buy Office again, as it wasn't transferable. I suggested she kick MS to the curb and use and open source office suite. Had this problem in grad school when upgrading to a new hard drive. Said needed new license. Or use Office online for free. There are alternatives out there for the vast majority of...
I think their lead designer/architect is Rube Goldberg. It can be daunting to actually use it while saying a few prayers that you can find something. You have to feel for the people who have not been around using software all of their lives try to use iTunes.
Better to wait for the 'S' models.....fine tuned and better still!
How about a Apple "Streetview" like Google Streetview for maps? Yes, better battery technology and putting the money to use. Apple seems to only use the money to prop up stocks. Do they really need to do that? Invest in Space X. Invest in something that will provide return.
GTAT is a great example of the risk of buying individual stocks. There is a lot of risk and potential reward. It truly is gambling to buy individual stocks because you are putting money on a company with limited information. GTAT looked like a slam dunk with such a big order from Apple. Or so it seemed.   Even Buffet, who can pay people to do lots of analysis on companies, lost a ton of money on IBM very recently.   Buffet did recommend that people invest their...
 This stock buyback is apparently, based on what I've been reading, causing the S&P to go up as companies have been increasing the value of their stocks by buy-backs. It's a safe way for them to increase the values. So, seems the stock market may be fragile on this activity. People keep rocking on Apple's stock and saying its undervalued. Even if it is undervalued, it doesn't matter. The true value of any company's stock is what people are willing to pay for it at any...