or Connect

Posts by pfisher

Netflix and Amazon are starting to undo the cable industry. This won't help us all in the near-term, but in the long-term, we shall see more decentralization of television.   It's good that there are more streaming options out there - devices and services. There are cheap video services (TV/movies) out there in the rest of the world that seem to do just fine.   The AppleTV is still a closed device, unfortunately. For many of us, it's a glorified Netflix player that we...
The people I know who have Verizon have it because of the coverage - they don't have a choice because of where they live. I used to have AT&T until T-Mo got the iPhone and I needed to cut costs. And AT&T is a sleazy corporation that I loathe. T-Mo is just fine and I like their plans and their billing statements. And it's easy to get a hold of customer service and have them fix any issue you have. T-Mo doesn't feel like "mega-corp."
Seth Rogan looks too serious in that shot.   I don't think Woz was ever like that.  He doesn't come across that way. He comes across as a goofball engineer who is geek to the bone in a child-like way and likes to tinker around.      
I think Walt Disney looked like Tom Hanks. That's what I remember. That little pencil mustache. Or...maybe it was John Waters?
Ha ha. They are probably tired of dealing with it and want to put it behind them. Maybe someone owes Sorkin a favor.
Nobody is perfect. Apple continues to show that it is lackluster in execution of services and mediocre with solid OS. Apple:1. Amazing hardware (as close as you can get to perfect and totally awesome)2. Fair operating systems (ship with lots of bugs and shipping too many new features too often)3. Weak to poor services (cloud storage, office suite, email) It would be nice if they just focused on #1 and #2. Leave services to Google and the others. Luckily we have (and...
No problem. As long as they do a good job with it. Apple and Google and Yahoo and so on do just the same thing.
 Retina iPad Air. Looks like an MS Surface. Shipping immediately.
 Could very well be another case of Apple seeing what others have tried to do and improving on it vastly for the user experience. Could be very interesting. If they just hit major cities first, they'd be on to something for a good chunk of the population.
Somebody should check to see if they use disabled parking spaces...