or Connect

Posts by Vorsos

I would just like to reduce the double standard of Apple receiving nearly all media scrutiny for its overseas production, whereas other US-based tech companies have the same or worse practices, and show no inclination to change them.   Surprising to see Texas Instruments on this list. Are they still making the same models of graphing calculators, for the same retail price, since 1994? [[SPOILER]]
That may be the case, but I don't think much of the telcos' existing QoS. For all the times I've missed important moments because the text messages arrive 30-90 minutes later...
If that's the case, it's most likely non-matching RAM. I experienced similar issues on Lion after adding 3rd party RAM to my existing set. Fairly often during heavy use, the system hangs for a few seconds and I think it is switching clock speed or something to address each type of RAM.   The takeaway would be to get all your RAM at the same time. Either when ordering a new Mac, or replace all sticks with fresh ones.
Quote:   I have seen a few games do this well enough (WoW, Beat Hazard Ultra), but more consistent fullscreen switching would be nice. You'd think it would be even easier in OS X than Windows, considering that everything going to the window buffer is supposed to be painted on an OpenGL plane.   Mountain Lion supposedly has many graphics enhancements. Can anyone with a developer account verify?
I assume some of that risk is mitigated when enabling iOS Safari settings, such as Private Browsing, reject cookies, and disable JavaScript.
OS X updates aren't typically destructive towards existing 3rd party software. Or am I missing something?   Overall, I'm pleased at this value adding feature. Beats the hell out of any Windows A/V software. Then again, they have a much larger whale to fry.
:   In my experience, these value-adding OS X and iOS services are opt-in, and invisible prior to activation. Is there a focus-stealing popup balloon or auto-launching wizard periodically bothering you to sign in? Is Apple allowing OEM partners to bundle Mountain Lion or iPhones with their own software, including trial programs and adware? Of course not. For actual forced social additions and marketing tools, see Windows (all versions) and non-i smartphones (all kinds),...
  I can confirm the lack of Facebook presence sans login. No need to get personal, however. It's a typical reaction of most power users: insatiably compelled to poke and tweak every aspect of an OS, regardless of necessity. I see it often from Android or Windows switchers: "How do I defrag my iPhone? Where's the task manager? I need to double-tap the home button and manually close everything in this 'recents' list! My friend who is a server admin said so."   As evidenced...
  Bloatware: Windows 8 Explorer adding a ribbon interface, when a handful of contextual buttons would have done the job Adobe Photoshop functions for editing video (CS6) and 3D objects The billion and a half functions in MS Word that no one uses   Not bloatware: OS X Game Center API, which is never loaded into memory until called by a supporting game Dashboard & Launchpad, never loaded into memory until invoked by keystroke or hot corner, both of which can be...