or Connect

Posts by twosee

Yeah... And we all know how THAT mistake turned out. I wish more companies would take more risks like that.
Because it's using a non existent address giving off a false perception that the Apple maps is inferior, when in reality, using that same example, it's the MOTO device with Google Maps that is inferior. It's sending you to a non existent address. Imagine you fat finger an address, or someone mistakenly gives you a wrong address (or you simply wrote it down wrong). lets say you are going to 1315 e 15th, or 315 e 115th... wouldn't you want your mapping software to correct...
  It's NOT a real address, that's why it doesn't show up on Apple's mapping system. The address does not exist in the United States Postal Service site either. I think they would be a bit more accurate than google, bing or even apple. If my house number is 110, and my neighbor is 120... 115 does NOT exist. it's not real. Bing, Google and whatever other one you mentioned should be telling you that the address is non existent instead of sending you on a goose chase for...
How is this not all over the other forums or news sites? THIS news they don't care about.
      I'd also like to add that, IMO, it was not so much the in-app branding as it was the missing features, and control over the data collection (Google Latitude) wherein lies the privacy problem. Regarding the features, i don't blame apple. Having their maps tied to Google, they could potentially ALWAYS be a step or two behind their competitors in a key feature. They probably wanted to be able to compete on a level playing field. Personally, I'm happy they did...
Well, I suppose if you use it that often you can get a windshield or dashboard mount. There are many on the market.   Or you can just use one of these haha!  
  I personally prefer the Voice and the Flyover to StreetView. Never was a fan of the SV. Only time I used it was when I was house hunting and wanted to get a feel of the outside of the house. I never use it for directions.       Well they hold it back to tout an Android feature that iOS doesn't have. IMO Google will release their own app when Apple gets theirs right. They probably figure that all the bad press, and pissed off users (with "no option" so they believe) will...
That's the whole point. You just listen to what it tells you "Turn left at 300 meters". No need to look down at it. I've used it on Apple Maps and it's pretty darn good.   Personally, I'm glad they just ripped the band-aid off. Google had no intentions of providing us Apple users with the technology, at least not until they had the "next big thing" to give to android keeping iOS one step behind. And I highly doubt that they'll push out a maps app. They are hoping to get...
If you are a developer you can do it here:   https://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/   if not I believe here is the place:   http://www.apple.com/feedback/   Good luck! I'm sure they know about it already, But it wont hurt to get multiple people reporting it, might add more emphasis to the problem.
I disagree. People will buy ANY phone if it best suits their needs (even if the need is simply a vain one). I am sure if someone needs a rock solid reliable map app on their phone and cannot wait till the Apple maps catches up, they wont buy an iPhone, they'll go Android or Windows. You know, It IS possible that for many of the the 100+ million people who bought the 5 or upgraded to iOS6, all these maps issues are not a deal breaker.