or Connect

Posts by twosee

Hahaha, yeah, I hear you. I can see how it can be frustrating. Personally I don't think it's a gimmick, i actually use it to send texts, set appointments, set timers/alarms, add items to my shopping lists etc. But back to your issue: First, are you suuuure you are in NY?? ;) I'm kidding. I came across this post, others are having location issues, but it's odd as to why. Seems if you ask siri where you are, it pinpoints them...
No, it cannot give you the temperature from the map, this is true. And I'd like to preface by saying that I'm not 100% certain this is the case, but I've seen other posts (many from NY users) where it only begun happening after iOS6 update. What I believe could be happening is that when you ask Siri for the weather in NY, it will look up NY, get the coordinates and pull weather from there? It's like some of those posts regarding Columbia SC showing a city in...
It might be giving you the temperature for the wrong city. Maybe NY, Texas? It's tied to the new maps app which might be the reason. Check to see if that's the case. Also make sure your location setting and all that are turned on.  
Most major carriers, at least here in the US, allow you 15 or 30 days to try out your phone and return it for a different model. I know AT&T does this as I've done it in the past. They may not let you take out "several" at a time (unless you register for multiple phone numbers), but you can definitely test out an Android phone if you'd like. But I'm sure there will be some parts of that that you dislike as well. No phone, no company is perfect, but you need to get the...
Am I the only one who things the media is over-dramatizing the whole maps thing? Just nit-picking and LOOKING to find serious fault in Apple for anything? They are making it sound as it Apple new maps is a "Disaster" as some have put it. are there mistakes? yes. Bugs? yes. but I see the majority of them are not that big a deal for a new product. 3D renderings of a hwy going through Hoover Dam, an airport icon over Airfield Ireland. That ONE street in your town that is...
it's actually a decent looking phone. Looks like it too has an aluminum back. could hurt android sales.
I wouldn't necessarily say "much" more useful, but i agree, streetview is a nice feature to have. With that being said, this is Version 1 of their mapping. I'm sure they will improve over time, and possibly include a "street-view" like alternative. Google Maps didn't have it available on day 1 either. Flyover does look good so far in images. Cant wait to see it in real life use.
Well, I'm another that isn't so high on NFC. I need to carry some cash, Drivers lic, insurance card, building access and at least ONE credit/debit card... oh and that lucky $2 bill in the back of my wallet. I actually just carry a small leather credit card wallet.   Ideally it would be great if more places utilized NFC, but there aren't too many that I actually frequent that do. McDonalds? Local Chicken fast-food Shop? Maybe some gas stations? Except for Gas, I wouldn't...
Yeah, I'd hate to see one come out also, but I think it's a pretty sure thing... and it'll fly off the shelves. I've heard from a few people that they'd love to have a smaller one strictly for reading, checking mail and minor things like that. And if it's in the $200-$250 range...  
Java is huge, and it's not going anywhere. As another poster mentioned, there are two separate components. Applets (crappy IMO) which run either standalone or on a webpage, and Server Side java. Java is used by the majority of Fortune 500 companies at some level. BUt yeah, i agree.. applets are giving the Java language a bad name these days.