or Connect

Posts by Durandal1707

It will be in a quantum state in which it is both completely new and not completely new at the same time, until you observe it, at which time it will randomly collapse into one or the other.
The fly in the ointment here is that this display, as well as all of the currently available 4K displays AFAIK, uses a TN panel. I can't imagine spending that much money on a TN panel that's not even going to have accurate colors thanks to the color shifting that TN panels have. For the same reason, I wouldn't be too excited about an Apple 4K display coming out any time soon. I'd imagine Apple would probably wait until IPS panels were available in 4K resolution to go that...
By the way: I found the price of 4 GB of Micron D9PXV (which has the full part number MT41K256M16HA-125 per Micron's web site). It turns out to be $9.59. Here's my source.
Since you clearly lack the intellectual capacity to understand, much less respond to any of the substantive points that I made, I'll just settle for pointing out your atrocious punctuation and grammar.As I pointed out, Crucial is simply Micron's consumer brand. Crucial RAM is Micron RAM. It's just what they sell to consumers instead of OEMs like Apple. It's also way more expensive than what Apple pays, because of the more complicated form factor, profit margins, marketing,...
Okay, so riddle me this. Does Apple not have to test the RAM they put in the 4 GB model? Do they test just the 8 GB alone? No, of course they don't. They have to test it whether it's 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 2 TB, 5 ZB, whatever. So how does testing factor at all into the pricing between the 4 GB and 8 GB, or really anything else besides the difference in the cost of the components themselves?
You can always tell when someone has no argument, when they resort to attacking the person rather than what they're saying. No one is saying that Apple should make everything "cheap to the point of offering no profit" (as if Apple of all companies would ever be close enough to that line that simply making 8 GB the baseline would push them over it). Try responding to the actual message once rather than the messenger.G.Skill sucks. I'm not disputing that. In fact, I kind of...
It's not just that comment though. He does it Every. Damn. Time. It gets really tiresome after a while.As a matter of fact, we know exactly what RAM Apple's using: it's Micron D9PXV. The specs of it are here. It's not super-special server RAM. It's just RAM. It's the same RAM used in the Wii U and the Chromecast. Do you think they'd put server RAM in those?In fact, Micron is the parent company of Crucial, so it's largely the same RAM as that (hint, hint — that's why I...
Well, the late 2013 Retinabooks are using 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM. Let's see how much that costs on the consumer market. The 4 GB model is using two 2 GB modules. How much do packs of 2 x 2 GB modules cost?http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007609%20600006178%20600000410%20600000403&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20$50 bucks, for the cheap no-name G.Skill brand (since the decent brands don't seem to sell 2 GB modules, at least not on...
Yeah, but what do you get for that $1299? 4 GB RAM, and 128 GB storage, which is positively anemic. This wouldn't be an issue if you could upgrade those specs later, but of course you can't.To get a MBP that will last more than two years, you pretty much have to spend $2000 at a minimum, (plus another $300 for AppleCare since there's no way you can hope to fix the thing yourself). This was not true a couple of years ago, when you actually could realistically buy the $1299...
The 13" might be too expensive to produce in a high-res format.