or Connect

Posts by Durandal1707

How old are you?Wow, what an eloquent rebuttal. Your "No" sure refuted my fistful of links proving my point.Other than integrating with the fingerprint reader, that's what Apple has brought to the NFC payment business. And like I said, it's not an insubstantial contribution at all, because it's expanded the market substantially for NFC payments.
Ah, using strong language always makes your argument stronger! Nicely done.Anyway, yes, Softcard did do that. The downside is that the list of supported banks wasn't very huge, but they had some of the big ones. I know American Express and Chase were on board because I used both of them with it with the phone I used to have at the time Softcard was in its prime. The transaction showed up as a normal Amex or Chase transaction with no intermediary, and you'd even get the...
Okay, nearly everyone. Better?That's not true, either. Softcard had all of those elements. GW did as well, before the carriers forced them to change it.
You guys do know that Google Wallet has been doing NFC payments three years longer than Apple has, right? It came out in 2011. Even Softcard/ISIS has been around since 2012. At that time, everyone on this board was going on about how NFC was a bad technology, how it would never catch on, no one would ever want to use it, etc. How times have changed.(And before you say anything about the secure element, tokenization, not going through an intermediary bank, etc., those...
Ugh. All I'm going to say is: learn to read.
If you're proposing to replace the entire lineup with ARM, you'd better be pretty damn sure that it can actually do that. That means being able to take on the high end, not just the low end.It sure is.Very well, you show me an application of ARM that is able to take on pro-level Intel processors performance-wise.Is there a higher-performance ARM processor out there? If so, show me.Again with the straw men. It's getting really irritating. Did I say that it is the "maximum...
No, I said it's not there yet WRT being on part with Intel performance-wise, and it probably won't be for quite some time. Put both your brain cells together and think really hard, and you may be able to discern the difference between that and "it's not possible for any desktop system from Apple to run ARM and still be fast enough for the user's needs."Besides that, insisting on proving a negative is a logical fallacy. You prove to me that the 680x0 isn't secretly about to...
Where's your proof that it can have the same or better performance as the 2.7GHz Xeon in the currently shipping top-end Mac Pro? Because that's what would be necessary to phase out the Intel processor.
Almost everything in the OS X SDK is dynamically linked, so if either libauto or the GC-enabled versions of the frameworks go away, all GC apps will stop working, no matter what version of Xcode they were compiled with.Oh lord, not this again. Look, I'm sure Apple has a prototype somewhere running on ARM, because they have to be prepared for contingencies. But for Apple to phase out Intel would require ARM to be at least equal to it in speed, and look, it's just not there...
The point is to run old Mac software that requires Rosetta in a virtual machine, not to run an actual server. A newer version of OS X with the $20 App Store version of OS X Server can't do that.