or Connect

Posts by Durandal1707

Play it with the lights off, late at night, with headphones on. Feel a shiver every time that damn Jjaro station creaks and moans. Feel the cognitive dissonance of all the impossible geometry. Feel the existential terror of the crazy surrealistic nightmare terminals with the creepy, creepy terminal graphics, particularly the one that looks like an anthropomorphized *room* with eyes and a mouth THAT WANTS TO EAT YOU.It's probably not possible to get the effect nearly as...
Wat.
Huh, I didn't know that. Funny how both the classic Mac OS and OS X were able to boot off of just about anything from day 1, but Microsoft took 26 years. Better late than never, I guess.Especially that one that would occasionally break out of the area it was supposed to be in, and surprise you in the next room over.Which one of the three you like the most is pretty subjective, since they were all completely different games from each other. Each one had its own atmosphere,...
You sure can. The developers even added Internet play to it, which is great (although I usually get beaten fairly quickly these days — my gaming skills have definitely deteriorated over the decades).
I never had the guts to try putting 7.5.5 on a Plus (I had access to later hardware for that), but I guess I'm not surprised. The Plus was a great machine.Hypercard was the best app ever. Full stop.No doubt, Marathon was great. Another demonstration of just how far ahead the Mac was in both graphics and sound in those days (seriously, compare Marathon, and especially Marathon 2, to PC games from 1994. Doom II? ).I wouldn't say he ported the OS, as you'd need the source...
VMWare? Sure, it runs Linux. In addition to my old OS X VMs, I've had a couple for Windows XP and Ubuntu. Been a while since I used those two, though, as my primary purpose for having the app is for dev-related testing on previous OS X versions.Me too. I've got OS X VMs going back to Snow Leopard (although I deleted the Lion one to free up some space, though, since let's face it, Lion sucked), and all sorts of emulators for the classic Mac OS, from 9.0.4 all the way back...
If you have the Server version of Snow Leopard, you can run it in VMWare. I always have a few old OS X versions in a VM to test software against.
This is AI, there are always going to be a few people who think anything short of 100% ideological purity is trolling. There are some machines out there that have more RAM than Apple does, therefore having more RAM is evil.
I used to have a classmate who was a bit Amiga fan in the 80s. He liked to pronounce it "a-mega," because everything awesome in the 80s was "mega."I may be dating myself a bit here.
The emulator in question is probably either Basilisk II or SheepShaver, as those are currently the only good way to run System 7.5.x in color. Neither of those emulators is a full-fledged hardware emulator; instead, they use their own implementations of large parts of the Mac Toolbox. This makes them pretty specialized — they're specifically built for emulating the Mac OS and nothing else.There's currently a student working on getting the classic Mac OS to boot inside...