or Connect

Posts by Durandal1707

You're right; I'm looking at it now, and it's not protected. The bug simply doesn't seem to be in El Cap.
My guess would be that the Rootless feature in 10.11 would probably prevent this from writing to /etc/sudoers, but I haven't had time to test it yet.
You should probably be using Xcode 7 with El Capitan.
Code: $ echo 'echo bar >&3' | DYLD_PRINT_TO_FILE=/System/foo newgrp $ ls /System/ Library foo $ more /System/foo bar Yup, it lets you write pretty much anything to any protected location on the system. That's... not good.
Actually, the Nexus 6 has a Qualcomm hardware encryption engine in it; Lollipop just lacks the drivers for it. The beta builds of 5.1 actually had drivers for it for a while, but Google pulled them at the last minute, reportedly due to stability issues. They did, however, optimize the software encryption quite a bit, so it does better in benchmarks than in that link, which is for 5.0.At any rate, it has nothing to do with 32 vs. 64 bit.
Oh, for Christ's sake. I'm done trying to talk to you. BTW, I know you've been systematically lying and misquoting me the whole thread, but I wasn't really upset until that "homo stuff" one. That was a new low, even for you.
Not a single one of those things was remotely close to anything I actually said (the second one in particular kind of pisses me off).
Not to mention all the times you've accused me of saying things I didn't say. Calm. Down.So were C blocks and reference NSURLs. So what?Well, let's see. What does -[NSProcessInfo operatingSystemVersion] call them? majorVersion, minorVersion, patchVersion. What did the old Gestalt() API call them? gestaltSystemVersionMajor, gestaltSystemVersionMinor, gestaltSystemVersionBugFix.Clearly minor is the secondary version, and bugfix (or patch) is the tertiary.Let's make a bet....
You're drunk. Go home.And then went onstage and publicly tied them firmly to the previous releases.Please tell me where I said Snow Leopard was a "bug fix update."Please tell me where I claimed that there were 0 new features (as opposed to stating that Serlet claimed it, which he did, and which I proved with the screencap).
Not some deep meaning — in fact, a rather simple and obvious meaning, one which Apple themselves have stated multiple times, and which is not controversial.I said that they belong to the same generation as their predecessors. That is not the same as saying they are not "worthwhile." The back-end refinements are much appreciated by pretty much everyone, I'd think. Having entire releases that consist primarily of back-end improvements and not new features, however, is a...