or Connect

Posts by Durandal1707

You can turn a USB stick into an install/recovery drive that works the way the old install DVDs used to. Just insert an empty USB stick in your drive, and then run these commands in the Terminal: cd (replace this with the path to your El Cap installer) sudo ./Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume (replace this with the path to your USB drive) --applicationpath (put the path to your El Cap installer here again) Easiest way to get the path to something is to drag...
There are two theories about that. One is that the presence of the feet is the result of regulations intended to make the keys easier to see, for the benefit of non-touch typists. The other is that people were just used to the tilt from using typewriters (which had to have a tilt for mechanical reasons). For touch typists, flat is better because it is more ergonomic, and some people even recommend a reverse tilt (where the front is higher than the...
That Logitech solar keyboard was obnoxious. The first version of it was full-sized, but made you use a receiver instead of Bluetooth. When they finally added Bluetooth support... they removed the full-sized option. Pick your poison.I picked up a Logitech K480 a while ago because of the handy smartphone/tablet stand. It's an okay keyboard, but it hasn't got a patch on Apple's in terms of comfort. This is surprising, since I love their mice.It's been known for a long time...
Yeah, that's why my guess is that they'd just leave that market open to the third parties. It could go a few different ways, though.How charming. You know, I don't really care about this enough to justify dealing with your personality again. If you can't understand the concept of keeping a spare set of rechargeable batteries on hand... I'm okay with that.
The plug isn't faster by a long shot. You have to wait an hour or more to charge most USB-chargeable devices.How long does it take you to plug in the device, and then have enough juice to go somewhere with it?
We understand each other. Eneloops make AA battery devices much more convenient than just about anything else.That sucks. I think the new Logitechs have their charging port on the back rather than on the bottom, so you don't have to take them completely out of commission while recharging. None of the rounded-rectangle things on the picture above are labeled, so it's not certain that any of those are the charging port either. I'd expect it'd probably be on the back for...
Apple doesn't have a full set of wired devices right now; neither the Magic Mouse nor the Magic Trackpad come in wired varieties. I don't think it's too "out there" to speculate that the keyboards may follow suit.I can see how that might be a problem with computer labs, but the thing about that is that there's a huge abundance of third-party wired keyboards out there that can be used in situations where such things are required. By contrast, there isn't a single full-size...
They might. With the move to get rid of the USB-A ports on the MacBook (which will probably eventually spread to the other machines), and with the machine having only one port, it makes sense to move away from things that use USB if they don't have to be. I'm crossing my fingers for both keyboards to become Bluetooth, and for the third parties to follow suit (Logitech just came out with Bluetooth capability in their high-end mice for the first time in ages, which is a...
Fingerprint scanner: Moto AtrixApple Pay: Google WalletSiri: Google Voice Actions (not a perfect 1-to-1 mapping, but it supported a lot of the things people typically use voice search for)Large screens: ...just about everyone
Other than people who already had phones with fingerprint scanners, large screens, Google Wallet, and/or voice recognition (I'll give you force touch)?