or Connect

Posts by malta

Yep...   The most popular free apps on Apple's iOS platform are sharing significantly more user data than the most popular apps on Google's Android platform, according to a study recently released by Appthority.   "Appthority's App Report for February 2013 looked at the top performing free mobile apps across both iOS and Android, as free mobile apps are more likely to rely ad networks and analytics companies as a means of generating revenue. Despite Android's reputation...
  This is a bad analogy. In fact the concept of ad services selling online advertising is not that difficult that it requires a dumb down analogy to help explain it. If you are not able to understand the process without your bad car analogy, then you probably should not be making false blanket statements about the subject.
    You need help?   Google, Yahoo, Bing, Apple, Facebook, etc. do not sell your ACTUAL personal information. It stays all in house. That information is never given to anyone. None of the advertisers see the data. The clients of these ad services buy or target segments or demographics of the ad services network. People that like and search for things such as Red Shoes, Sports Cars, or iPad. I cannot purchase Ads to be shown to only jragosta, because right now if I could I...
    As many have stated they DONT sell the personal information. It is closely guarded. That is how they make money.   As for the part about "learning everything you can about you" So does every other business in the world it is call Analytics and Marketing.   http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/   You are delusional if you don’t think Apple wants to know every single thing about you to...
What percentage of that $18 million was used to fight CISPA/SOPA?
  Exactly, without this information it would would have been harder to point the finger at iOS 6.1. Thus making it Microsoft's fault that all the servers started having issues.
  Oh yeah, you are right I am just kidding. No other company in the world can ever use quality parts but Apple (Apple products are made with Samsung, LG, etc. parts). No other phone can use Gorilla Glass. Quality is only defined as an Aluminum case then? Not Kevlar? I guess a microarc oxidation process to an aluminum case removes the "quality" since we already defined quality as being made of aluminum.   You are right. No other company in the word does R&D. Everything we...
  Lots of opinion and citation needed on those features/claims.
  Is this is a serious post? If so it is absolutely hilarious!
    Yeah, it makes me laugh every time I read something on here from the dedicated Apple users and Android haters about what the platform or devices can or cannot do. The people that say they would never touch an android device or even acknowledge its existence. I am sure they are well educated on the subject matter and certainly have no bias.