or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

Darn. Somehow I had forgotten to block you. Fixed.
Starting to see opinion pieces by the usual suspects that 9/9/14 will be Tim Cook’s make-or-break event. So get ready for the “Is Tim Cook on the way out after a ‘disappointing’ iPhone 6 release?” articles on 9/10/14. You know it will happen. Meanwhile this hire seems to confirm Cook’s steady hand on the controls and I am waiting to see what he has in mind for Mr. Shimpi. Everything is pointing to a blockbuster event and banner year for Apple, its customers, its investors,...
 Oh they’re still out there. Most of ‘em got blocked here on AI so they don’t think it’s worth it anymore, but c|net, MacRumors, MarketWatch, etc. are infested with them. “Only stupid people buy Apple products” is still the mantra but they have changed their doomsday meme from “tomorrow” to “any day now.” The more AAPL gains the stupider people get seems to be their mindset these days.
Sounds like you dumped AAPL at the bottom and missed the rise to all time highs. Poor you.
 You spout this nonsense as if it’s fact. How about some real facts other than your anecdotal opinion? Why is it that every single product ever released has some bozo claiming it’s junk? From mobile carriers to hard drive manufacturers, from refrigerator makers to HDTV makers there’s always somebody who knows more than the rest of us claiming junk status of something. Other then counting Google ‘hits’ and Apple discussion forum ‘views’ do you have anything to back up your...
 No kickback scandal mentioned. That’s just a rumor some iHating troll started.
Looks like all future mobile phones will be designed by a committee of politicians and bureaucrats. They will all be the same, with the same features, same ports, same memory. Innovation by regulation!
 Really? Come on. Teenagers don’y buy iPhones. Their parents do. In fact I know a teenager who is now 32 years old and guess what? Her parents are STILL paying for her mobile service even though she moved away and in with her boyfriend. Really, what galaxy do you live in to say that teenagers can’t afford to replace their batteries? Mommy and Daddy do that. 
Sounds like somebody trying to short AAPL to me.
 Funny how that is. People here having a cow over some software feature being present or not, obsessing, getting all worked up while some poor bastard in Gaza is wondering where his next meal is coming from.