or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

Got that off your chest? Now leave.
 Oh look, a troll impersonating a lawyer. Cute. Got any other tricks?
 And as is the usual, the whiners are in a tiny, tiny, minority of self-centered , self-aggrandized, self-important personalities who think the world revolves around them. But they are nasty and loud, just like the screaming baby in church while the choir is singing. 
Do all these trade-ins get resold? What happens to all those old phones? How do they get recycled? Who does the recycling? Anybody know?
Well, it’s pretty obvious that the iPhone can’t carry Apple forever, just like the Mac and the iPod couldn’t. Time marches on and so does technology. Apple management is not stupid. They know the company has to evolve, diversify, change if it’s to remain profitable, relevant, and a leader. What’s next? That’s the $64K question and I certainly don’t know the answer. 
 Research Queue Theory. Queueing theory is the mathematical study of waiting lines, or queues.[1] In queueing theory a model is constructed so that queue lengths and waiting times can be predicted.[1] Queueing theory is generally considered a branch of operations research because the results are often used when making business decisions about the resources needed to provide a service. By business decisions it is meant that one must decide how much money and resources...
Now we’re talk’n!
Well, I guess I didn’t make my point clear enough. IDG has not only shut down the print edition, they have let the entire editorial staff go. These are the same people who manage the online website. I’m saying that MacWorld could go away totally. Those people are some talented, professional writers, unlike the AI editorial staff. MacWorld’s testing labs (MacLabs), one of the best, is going away. I have been a MacWorld subscriber, on and off, since 1984. It’s just sad that...
 http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/12/a-photographers-take-on-the-iphone-5s-camera/ Interesting read from a professional writing on TechCrunch. From the article... "The sensor in the iPhone 5S remains at 8 megapixels, which is a bold choice given that competitors like Nokia are shooting for the moon as far as pixel count is concerned. But, as with many things, the sheer number of pixels is not as important as the quality of those pixels, and that’s what Apple has focused on...