or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

I painfully remember the old days of ‘embrace and extend’ which usually ended with Macs being frozen out of business and online commerce. I remember the ‘this site only works with IE’ popups. I remember the disdain and denigration of Apple users (well, that’s still going on via the Android sycophant crowd). This seems to be karma coming back in spades to Microsoft.
But according to AI Apple just had a disappointing quarter so... this is bad news too?
 You must be a real hoot at parties. Can you say Debbie Downer. Great quarter and YOU find something to worried about. What, exactly, is worrying you about tablet sales when the entire tablet market has slowed? I just don’t get people like yourself. And what ‘projections’ are you babbling about? There have been no projections of anything other than hearsay and rumors.
 AI has fallen victim to the click-bait bandwagon. Write something negative about Apple to guarantee clicks and comments. It’s all about the ad money now, just like every other tech website.
Fandroid response? "No 5.5" iPhone? I won't buy. Sorry, Apple, you just lost another customer." Samsung rulez!
Shoot! Just when I thought Apple was doing well suddenly they’re doomed once more. Turns out if you try hard enough you can damage anything. Watch for the Samsung commercial coming soon.
I grok! Robert A. Heinlein (1961)
Screw the bastard. Bill Campbell is the one who killed off Quicken for the Mac. He’s the one who saw to it that the Mac version of Quicken never reached feature parity with the Windows version. He’s the one who’s arm Steve Jobs twisted to delay Quicken for Mac’s cessation of development. All we’re left with now is a piece of shit called Quicken Essentials and a few other subpar, so-called financial programs for OS X. Good financial software for the Mac simply does not exist.
When founders leave (Gates, Ballmer, Jobs, Dell, etc.) the bean counters usually take over. It then becomes all about maximizing profits, cutting costs, maintaining the status quo, not rocking the boat. Tim Cook has shown signs of that behavior too, just not as much. Time will tell with him.
 Steve Jobs has been gone for two years and he still gets blamed for stuff. What’s your point?