or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

Nope. Installed on 2 iPhone 6s and an iPad 2. No issues, wireless connections (WiFi and Cellular) both rock solid. From your recent postings I’m thinking you need to switch platforms. You are obviously disenchanted with Apple’s offerings. Why stick with something you detest? Move to a more mature, better QA and worry free platform like Android or Windows Phone. You might be happier. It’s worth the try instead of being unhappy all the time.
This is outrageous! There are cheaper options available than this overpriced toy! What was United thinking when they made this boneheaded decision? This definitely means higher priced tickets for the flying public. Like the iPad deal for the LAUSD this should be investigated and stopped by the shareholders. Galaxy Notes would be a much better choice, cheaper, and not locked down.     Wait for it...
So they’ve succeeded in becoming the biggest tech company in spite of their stupidity?
We were just teated to a well reasoned, factual editorial by Mr. Dilger on the abject failure of competing fingerprint senors against Apple’s TouchID. Now comes this “Apple is doomed” article implying the company is late to the party once again.   Here’s a personal, anecdotal experience I had yesterday at my local Macy’s department store. When my turn came to pay at the checkout position I used my iPhone 6 and Apple Pay. The transaction went through without issue (the...
It makes sense to move manufacturing, and now R&D, to Asia. As the U.S. continues on its slow decline and Asia’s economies surpass those of the West international companies have to relocate to where the customers (and their money) are. One day Apple could just move everything over there and be done with it. Other companies will follow suit.
Yep, and you should see the posts in the Apple Discussion forums from “users” wanting to know how to circumvent Activation Lock. They come up with some pretty sad stories of how they “forgot” their Apple ID and password and have a legit reason to get around it. They probably bought a stolen iPhone from some shady character but of course they claim they bought one from a friend who didn’t turn off Find My iPhone first and now they are stuck. When told they are S.O.L. they...
As always, you are completely off base with your statement. Yosemite is by far the most stable OS X to be released in a long time. But it’s easy to fall for the “Google hits” and discussion forum “views” method of evaluating the stability of a release. People tend to forget that the same issues constantly repeat themselves when a new release comes, namely Wifi issues, “sluggishness” issues, freezing issues, failure to boot issues, applications issues. If the complainers...
But, but, but... octocore beats A8, right?
Woz was a one trick pony. The Lisa/Macintosh were way out of his league as a hardware engineer. My son met him at the University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana when he visited there for a conference. My son was working at the time in the Granger Engineering Library (h e was a civil engineering student) when Woz showed up. Nice guy according to reports.
Yes, we AI fanboys want Apple to thrive forever but it is, after all, a business. Think of every well known, iconic, successful tech business and they all had their day in the sun, stumbled, recovered, stumbled again, and so forth (Microsoft, HP, Dell, Sony, Blackberry, Nokia, IBM). Apple has an unparalleled management team at this time, is firing on all cylinders, can do almost no wrong, and has a loyal customer base that other CEOs would sell their grandmothers into...