or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

Looking forward to listening how people ‘got out’ the day before. I heard this a lot from amateur investor friends of mine in 2008. They all ‘got out’ the day before the crash. I just nodded my head and smiled. Later I heard that some of them decided to ‘downsize’ their lifestyles. I know it wasn’t because of financial losses because all of them had told me they ‘got out’ the day before. They were absolute investing geniuses I guess. Yessiree,  investing geniuses every one...
What got @sog35 banned? I didn’t see any magic words or ad hominems, just lots of posts in a short time. Where is the official Terms of Service document anyway? What gets one banned ? Sometimes I don’t grok the moderation of this site. Seems arbitrary and punitive.
For years the trolls have called Apple products ‘toys’ that couldn’t perform ‘real’ work. This guy knows he is going to get his ass handed to him on a platter by Tim Cook. Mr. Hayek, go take one more look at the Steve Ballmer video laughing at the iPhone. That’ll be you in another year or so. 
Gimme a break. Some bozo on MarketWatch “doesn’t want to panic anybody” but then goes on to predict the Dow will drop to 5,000. This is a great time for all the Chicken Littles of this world. They’re all crowing at the top of their beaks. What do the real experts say? Hang in there and don’t sell. It’ll come back like it always has in the past. “The entire system is going to collapse”? Utter nonsense.
Worse thing the little investor can do now is sell. Ride it out. It will come back. But unfortunately some will panic and hurt themselves badly by selling low and then buying back high. 
Boy I sure hope you don’t have any skeletons in your closet Mr. Perfect.
So there’s no way for Andre Romelle Young to redeem himself? Only his destruction will suffice? I suppose you want Apple to drop him like a hot potato, erase him from their website like he never existed like the WWE did to Hulk Hogan when an old tape surfaced of him using the “N” word? 
I’m positive Tim Cook and the Apple executive team considered this before making the Beats deal and taking on Dr. Dre. These people aren’t stupid and they obviously knew this would surface sooner or later. People like to talk about forgiveness and second chances but the truth is, especially with wealthy celebrities, this almost never happens. They are hounded about their past lives relentlessly, even more so if there’s the prospect of monetary payouts involved. Most...
Some on this site always think Apple is stupid for not doing the obvious (in their opinion). These types went on and on about how the watch was not future proof and who would spend that kind of money only to fall behind with the next iteration. Well who’s stupid now?
But what will happen to all those startups making charging bands, battery bands, etc. when Apple proceeds with making all of these available as they had planned all along?