or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

Nah, they’ll say what they always say, that the constraints are fake and a marketing ploy. Remember, Apple is a marketing company only and does not invent or innovate. Apple merely appropriates, packages and markets the hard work of others. Or so ‘they’ say.
 Not even reasonable to expect. This whole cord cutting concept is flawed. The content providers are not going give away their profits like that. HBO Now is charging the same price as they do for cable and satellite subscriptions, $15/mo. A very large number of people simply do not have the ability to receive local channels OTA, especially urban areas. Cord cutting for most is impractical.
Because everybody has this issue, right? A tiny minority with the same problem does not a bug make. And I’ll bet no one made an attempt to coordinate the issue to see what those few systems have in common. Just blame Apple, sit back and wail for a fix.
No because that’s you only. There is no such bug no matter how many Google hits you claim.
Being brave has nothing to do with it. Try ignoring all the bull excrement from anonymous posters claiming all manner of nastiness with updates. Most of that nonsense is caused by poorly maintained systems, screwball extensions and plugins, weirdly configured preferences and third party workarounds for perceived UI issues. Maintain your system, use Disk Utility before updating, have common sense and no bravery is required. Apple updates are almost always completely stable...
“Hold on to your butts!”    -Samuel L Jackson/Jurassic Park   Here come the rants and tirades about perceived bugs and UI flaws that have become an obsession with some...   “They better have fixed the bug I’ve been obsessing over for the last three years that no one else has.”   “Did they fix that bug three of us have? I won’t be updating if not.”   “I still have this bug. Get your act together Apple. QA has suffered. Steve would have fixed this by now. Fire Tim...
 I place tech journalist’s reviews on the same plane as movie critic’s reviews. They are often completely out of touch with the public response.  
Why give Wall Street any information at all. Take Apple private and be done with it? 
I assume that what we are seeing here is the brainchild of Angela Ahrendts. This entire Apple Watch rollout campaign is probably her baby. Let employees buy the watch at cost and encourage them to wear them in public. Get the watch on the street and in front of eyes so to speak. 
Have a chuckle while it lasts because this will be history within hours. Remember that only Apple is subject to ridicule and derision for this kind of stuff. There are already YouTube videos by Samsung fanboys “proving” that the S6 does not bend... at all. And do you really think that teenage twerps will descend on the Samsung booths in Best Buy to bend the S6 like they did the iPhone 6? Not a chance.