or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

IBM and Apple are releasing Enterprise enabled software on a regular basis. Little known fact but the iPad owns the space in business tablets from hospitals to auto plants. I firmly believe it’s just the upgrade cycle being longer than phones. It is a speed bump like Tim Cook says.   As for the tablet market outside of Apple it simply doesn’t exist. All those cheap $50-$100 Android tablets are sitting in drawers after the user finds out how limited and slow they really...
I seem to remember that almost every pundit and analyst out there predicted China would be Apple’s Waterloo. They said the Chinese masses would not buy Apple’s premium hardware but would instead opt for cheaper Chinese knock-offs. They said Xiaomi would kill Apple in China.   Do I remember this incorrectly? 
Funny that they continually win award after award for their packaging design and utility. People actually keep their Apple packaging for years in case they need to sell the original unit or ship it for repairs. I disagree with your entire statement. Apple’s packaging is perfect for the products, part of the thrill of buying an Apple product. But I guess some people are satisfied with corrugated brown cardboard, foam peanuts so full of ESD that they cling to your skin, non...
I’ve become very cynical and suspicious of analysts, their methods and motives. To me they’ve become nothing more than carnival palm readers and fortune tellers. Financial sites typically post articles with 180° opposite opinions. The sky is either falling or unicorns rule the earth depending on who you chose to believe. So pardon me if I take this positive opinion with a grain of salt just like I do the doomed screeds.    I think Apple is in good hands and being run...
I disagree. People need some reason to justify a purchase. “I just like it” doesn’t qualify in the age of the techie wannabe. Technical specs offer a way out, a way to justify and defend one’s choice. A lot of people use specs to confirm their bias. Specs are a marketing tool just like commercials showing babies and puppies. Sad but unfortunately true, especially for the basement neckbeards who troll AI and other Apple sites. “Octa Core” sounds better than A8 even if it...
Care to explain how you arrived at that figure? Why would 10 million be a failure when it would exceed all other wearable devices combined? Never mind, we all know where you got it anyway.
Part of the problem is that some people have made incorrect assumptions as to how it works, especially when asked to enter a PIN or sign their name. They assumed they would not have do any of that. Wrong.   Bottom line though is that it will be years before I can leave all my credit cards and wallet at home, if ever. So using using Pay AND carrying my cards around is kind of redundant and stupid at this point. This is definitely a chicken/egg scenario right now. Add to...
If you want to talk about religious freedom then let’s consider the true Christian take on this. Nowhere in the New Testament is there any admonition to shun or discriminate against anyone. Even if you firmly believe homosexuality is a great sin you are told to love them as you love yourself. Christ took great pains to associate with “sinners.” He loved them just as much, maybe more, than the so-called “righteous.”   As for a business owner who claims religious freedom...
 And this book is being criticized by the usual suspects for being an attempt at whitewashing the “accepted opinion” that Jobs was an evil person...period. “What a fool believes, the wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be is always better than nothing.” -The Doobie Brothers. 
Albert Einstein was part asshole. He tried to get his wife to sign a contract specifying her duties, when she could talk to him, whether or not she could expect intimacy from him. In the end he offered her the money from the Nobel Prize he arrogantly expected to win for her agreement to divorce. She took the deal.