or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

I remember attending the school board meeting in my town when it was announced that the Windows/PC platform had been chosen for deployment in the district. Some parents had worried that their kids would’t be able to make it in the world if they didn’t use a “real” computer in school. Then when the kids got to a “real” school like the University of Illinois they found Macs all over the place, even in the engineering labs. It was quite shock. My how times have changed.
 On purpose too. Why should Apple give a dump whether Windows will run on their machines? If you can produce any survey or study that proves Apple sells more machines because it can run Windows then please do so. Anecdotal “my cousin needs this” doesn’t count. I see this as a stick-it-to-em move.
 Nope. It’s a good source of income. The ones who need to be spoon fed everything should pay through the nose. You see it big time on the Apple discussion boards. One of these types asks a question and gets pissed when shown the Apple support document explaining what to do. Nope, they want to be told, step-by-step, what to do and even then they can’t follow instructions. Knowledge is power… and money in the bank.
 Then live in the past and slowly fade away. Nobody cares if you’re still using System 7.
 In fact you are the majority opinion. And if the majority did indeed want a ‘big’ screen then why is the iPhone’s market share in the U.S. at 42.x% and Samsung at 28.x%?
 But the world doesn’t. “Good enough” is the standard. It’s why Windows dominates the desktop OS universe. It’s why Android is on all of the cheap phones. It’s why textiles, electronics, steel, moved to China. 
But we’ve been told over and over that Apple has failed in China because it doesn’t have a cheap phone for emerging markets. You mean that’s not correct?
iPad Pro is an incredibly stupid idea when you consider the size, utility, and awesomeness of the MacBook Air. I don’t believe Apple would be dumb enough to consider such a move.
 Business users it would seem. There are a lot of them out there and they don’t care about iWork, or Open Office, or whatever other workalike kludge is available. They want Office because that’s the way it’s always been done. Sad but true.
 Because.