or Connect

Posts by lkrupp

Does this mean the telecoms are prohibited from advertising that they sell the iPhone? If so I wouldn’t say that Apple came out of this unscathed.
 That’s one of the perks of being a multinational tech giant and the most valuable company in the world. Nobody would ever confuse Apple’s healthkit with this Australian outfit’s product. So just wave some cash in front of their noses and make them go away.
 That might be true but they would also lose a bunch of users too. I for one like the current size screen. Being able to hold and use the phone with one hand is very important to me. If the only iPhones available with smaller screens are last years models then I won’t be buying any iPhone. My wife and I have held off moving to smartphones. This is supposed to be the year we make the jump. Maybe not. I don’t want to be holding some big brick to my ear.
Listened to Andy Ihnatko today on MacBreak Weekly. The subject of Apple being declared ‘doomed’ by various analysts and commentators came up. The entire panel, including Leo LaPort, agreed that these people are laughable and to be made fun of. Both Ihnatko and LaPort said if the promises of iOS 8 and a larger screen iPhone are realized they would no longer have any reason to continue using Android devices. From LaPort that’s saying something.
I’m waiting for Rob Enderle and Paul Thurrott’s take on this. They’re the only truly unbiased analysts when it comes to all things Apple. You can trust what they say about Apple and they’re always right.   Wait a minute. What did I just say?
 Well, they didn’t listen too closely apparently. AAPL was down $4 yesterday. This morning it’s up $7
iCloud critics should be pretty much silenced now. Sounds like Apple knew all along that they were behind the curve with Dropbox and OneDrive and will be at least on a par with the competition. I know I will most likely move away from Dropbox and OneDrive if iCloud fits the bill.
 Meaningless drivel. The poo-poo-er’s influence no one. We need to begin ignoring them.
 Not only won’t it happen, it can’y possibly happen at that price.
Ah shucks. Just when we thought Apple was out of danger... doomed again.