or Connect

Posts by allenbf

Very few people in this forum or other forums would complain about Google & ads if Google and Apple weren't competitors. Few complained about Google's ads prior to Android.  But people feel they need to justify their position (on both sides) by painting the competition as evil.    It's pretty much high school, you're either at the nerd table or the cool kid table.
Can't wait to see how many people chime in to say they'll avoid Starbucks now. Go on, then. Let's hear it.   Is the Kool-Aid better than coffee? ;-)
  I'm concerned about the lawsuits, too. But so far it appears they're winning and have the backing to withstand.   You sound really familiar with Aereo, what bandwidth do you think is appropriate? Right now I have 15/5 FIOS plan but I can scale up, especially when I kick Direct TV to the curb.  Thanks for the advice
Chromecast will, very soon. A dev has already developed an app to mirror photos & vids from your phone/tablet to the screen. He just can't distribute it yet because the SDK is a preview version. Plus Chromecast is compatible (or will be) with every service out there aside from iTunes. That includes Google Play, Youtube, Vimeo, Netflix, HBO GO and probably Hulu Plus. Aereo TV has long been saying they will come to Android devices by summer, so it's not a stretch to think...
Stripes and pizza.No, I am objective, isn't an act. Brah.
It's click bait for the insecure, immature folks on both sides.Personally I like both platforms and soon will use a Moto X and iMac, plus iPad and perhaps a N7.
To be honest, I may buy one since they are inexpensive, just to play with. I just really hate the aspect ratio, it's fine for a phone but a tablet needs to be 4:3 in my opinion. As to this report, who cares. I hate fanboys on either side, they all sound like 9 year old boys arguing who has more chest hair or something.
On the contrary: I see Google reining Android in, making it a more "closed platform." My evidence? Purchasing Motorola, beginning to offer "pure" experiences on Samsung, HTC, etc phones. Dream on, author. Android isn't going away. But it is evolving. My prediction, within 3 years Android phones be sold by only Motorola. Samsung will go with Tizen and the others will either develop their own OS or fade away. Just my .02
I guess these would be for the black iPhone 5(c) then?I just hate to see all the waste, would rather see biodegradable packaging. I'm sort of an environmental geek. But I'd forgotten about the iPod packaging earlier
That is true, didn't consider the iPods.