or Connect

Posts by allenbf

You may want to read it a little more closely.  I've been following Aereo for well over a year and it isn't rebroadcasting, which is why the courts have ruled in their (Aereo's) favor.  It makes perfect sense if you think about it.  Aereo is essentially renting out antennas and storage (DVR) to individuals.  Each person has their own antenna, 2 actually.  Instead of having my antenna on my TV or roof, they house it for me and just feed me the signal.  Is it a loophole?...
Careful. You and Gatorguy are treading on dangerous ground here ;-)Fwiw, I agree. Chrome OS is pretty cool and for people who don't need processing power (programs), it serves quite well. It's no wonder the education market loves it. I may buy one for my daughter for school.
Sounds more like consolidation to me. And the reason Google TV didn't succeed has nothing to do with its service or features, it failed because of cable companies and content creators blocking or crippling most of its features. I hope Google, Apple and any others are successful - it will take an army to break the stranglehold that the cable companies have.
 yep. (sorry, i had to)  :-)  
 It's just you.  I've been looking forward to this even since January.  Come on iPad mini w/ retina...
I hear you, but this isn't quite the same. I have the Nest thermostat, love it. It has saved me about 10% this summer (in central Florida at that) with no other changes.This detector is awesome, but at that price point, I can't see many people biting. Like someone already said, you install this and forget it, hoping you never need it. Not the same as the thermostat.The tech lover in me wants it but the practical part of me says...nope. Too much money for something i will...
Exactly, was about to say the same thing.My home has 7 smoke detectors...i can't imagine sinking $1000 into smoke detectors. Would have loved to see Nest go after home security or something, like Canary.
With all the hot air in the studio, it goes unnoticed.
It's Florida. Nothing here surprises me.Re: the giant slab...no. I'd tell my employer to F off if they sat a 55 inch screen 20 inches from my nose.And finally...it's Fox News, what do you expect? They still won't be able to see the truth that is now, literally, larger than life and right under their nose.
I can see why his predictions stink. He pulls ideas out of his arse. If/when Apple releases an iWatch, I'm sure it'll sell well. But how do you predict sales for a rumored product, one with ZERO product leaks at this time??