or Connect

Posts by allenbf

Agree with Ming. HD screen is nice and they will sell a lot, but I'm more interested to see Moto X. I don't think it will really be an iPhone competitor, but I think it has the potential to gut Samsung. I like what I see so far and for ME, after seeing iOS 7, stock Android is looking nice. Looks like I'm about to become a multi-platform user. Moto X, iPad mini (hopefully retina), Macs and Apple TV, supplemented with Chromecast here and there. Beautiful world.
  There is no battery drain on Chromecast, either.  Once it starts playing, you can power off your phone, put it to sleep, do something else with it, etc.   Did anybody actually watch the presentation?  I watched it live instead of seeing this headline and making up my mind based on other things than it not saying "Apple."
  You clearly haven't seen the presentation.   In their example, they were streaming from an iPhone to Chromecast.  Then they switched it over to the Nexus 7.  They even scrubbed the vid and it synced to the iphone.   Read before commenting.  Simple.
    Yeah, because Apple TV doesn't have to plug into a wall outlet?
  What?   Have you even looked at it?  All Chromecast needs is an HDMI port. Same as Apple TV.
Yes, through the Chrome browser
I will just jailbreak
Some won't, because it doesn't have an Apple logo. I'm practical. I can outfit all 4 tvs in my home for a little more than the cost of one Apple TV.I am ditching my cable this fall, planned on 3 more apple tvs or maybe some roku. This changes everything.
I ordered one. After Netflix credit, it's $20. This will fit nicely with Aereo and cutting the cord.
I find iOS 7 hideous. I doubt I'll upgrade my iPads or iPhones to it.