or Connect

Posts by allenbf

Pretty neat.  My family visited MGM/Hollywood Studios last weekend.  One of the kid's passes didn't "read" so they scanned it with an iPod Touch.  It's amazing to see how Apple's retail experience is influencing other companies in so many market sectors.
  He has credibility.    http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/31/iphone_5_ipad_mini_among_8_new_apple_products_coming_before_end_of_2012.html
  Not everyone is given the same opportunities in life. Congrats on being able to afford nice things, I can as well...I just choose to remain humble and grounded. Besides, things aren't what matters most in life, I'm sure we agree on that.    But just because someone makes less doesn't MAKE them less of a person. 
  He laid out Apple's timeline of releases last year and was spot on from the ipad to ipad mini to iPhone, iMacs and iPods.  He's very credible. Much more so than almost any other.    I am due an upgrade on my daughter's and wife's iPhones in August...so close but so far from July ;-)
  I'm surprised Google hasn't worked this into Google OS/Android already to be honest.    A way to really track ad impressions.
  This was exactly what I was trying to say earlier.  I know these people well, I grew up in a home like this.  Both of my parents worked hard but good paying jobs were hard to come by in that area (I'm grateful I was able to move away for this reason) and $200 was/is a lot of money to these people.  $200 can buy a nice bit of groceries, pay an electric bill or with the recent increase in gas prices, be enough to get you to work.   Just because some of these folks don't...
I can think of only one useful case for this feature, and that is for someone who is perhaps quadriplegic. Being able to scroll without touching a screen would be brilliant in that case.
I think I'd agree with your points overall but I'd have said:(2) Some people aren't able to afford an iPad due to financial issues.It's assuming a lot to just say a lot of people are broke "because they're ignorant/irresponsible" as you're basically saying. Not everyone begins life at the same point so it's harder for some to reach the place where they're able to spend $500 on a "want" instead of a "need." Besides, if a person is flat broke, they shouldn't be buying a...
I know they were producing at least SOME iMacs in the US. There were a few articles floating around showing the "made in the USA" on iMacs some time back.
Can't comment there. I am sure there multiple cases involving apps in the $250 range, especially if someone were looking in the business or education sections.All I can say is my wife and I learned a lesson but we also were refunded the money, so I have no need of any settlement funds from Apple.