or Connect

Posts by allenbf

Damn, you're right. Not my first error today!
  I've always thought "apps" as "channels" basically.  Like an HBO GO app in the menu...or if CBS has an app for apple TV...etc, etc.  But I agree with you, I have no use for twitter or facebook on my TV.  I tried it only once with a Samsung Smart TV, what a waste of time.
  You're scaling it wrong. Try scaling it the other way, from 9.7 down to 4.8.  Actually, 4.85   I'm being sarcastic but actually, the math is correct.
Wasn't the OS X event in March last year?  So maybe, just maybe, this is an all Apple software event: OS X, iOS (if a summer release of the next iPhone is true) and Apple TV being opened up to 3rd party apps.  That would be sweeeeeeet.   I only wonder if Ive has had enough time since Forstall's departure to revamp iOS (for TV or iDevice)?
Pretty exciting if true. What else might be announced at the event? iPad mini with retina? iPad 5? Or maybe just OS X related?
  I have one Windows PC left, my oldest daughter uses it for homework.  But this year, it's getting the boot.  Or is it reboot?  My plan is to pass my iMac to her and go with the 13" rMBP with a Thunderbolt display.  We'll see if my wife vetoes it in the budget, but I usually tell her it's about 1k more than actual cost, so I come in under budget.  ;-)
  I will definitely check them out...I love the stuff, I automate as much as I can around here.  My Neato vac is like a pet around here.  We call him Artoo.  As in, R2D2.  ;-)  The kids get a kick out of that.  (by the way, if you or anyone reading this wants advice/tips on a robot vac, Neato is the only way to go.  I've tried all of them, Neato is amazing) Thanks for the tip!
  Yep - but they can blame it on what they like - the reality is, I was completely blown away with the hardware, level of detail and the smoothness of iOS (I came from Android 3, so...yeah). 
Another great line on 9to5 but not here, Cook said "I have no idea what market share is, because we’re the only company that reports what we sell.”   One of the most awesome things I've read today!
I don't think a rational person can argue that we're in a post-PC era and worry about cannibalization of the Mac line at the same time.  Reading between the lines, this is what Cook is saying.  Fact: Many people only need a device that will allow web surfing, check email, pay bills, etc.  The need for a personal computer in the traditional sense just isn't there like it was before.    He's spot on about the "halo" effect, too, and what other tech manufacturer has...