or Connect

Posts by allenbf

Can't comment there. I am sure there multiple cases involving apps in the $250 range, especially if someone were looking in the business or education sections.All I can say is my wife and I learned a lesson but we also were refunded the money, so I have no need of any settlement funds from Apple.
I never mentioned Android lol. I have never owned an Android tablet. Even phones...My first smart phone was a BB curve, then an original Droid, then iPhones ever since.Edit: I see you said one poster, my bad.
First, feel free to review my post history before calling me a troll. Nothing is farther from the truth.Second, note that I said Apple was kind enough to refund our money, so I have zero complaints. They refunded it within 3 days...excellent customer service.My point simply is that the IAP should default to the safest setting, particularly if an app is targeted at kids. My kid is 5...barely learning to read. We now have the error fixed, lesson learned.Finally, I'm not...
  Such a silly statement.  Do you have kids?  I suspect not.   My children's access to the iPad is monitored, as well as any computer access.  Guess what, you can't prevent everything.  If you have children, you should know this.  Accidents happen.  The IAP should default to requiring a password every time.  Err on the side of caution, especially if you're targeting kids as your app's demographic.   Yes, there are parents who don't monitor their children when it comes to...
  Precisely.  And if/when they do have kids of their own, they'll deal with similar situations and feel pretty much the same.  I do accept the responsibility - Apple was kind enough to refund our money as well - But even accepting the responsibility as a parent, you can't prevent everything a kid will do.  And unfortunately, the IAP is just too easy if you don't know how to prevent it. 
  If the seat belts were hidden under the seat or you needed a specific, non-obvious setting to get them to work, they wouldn't get used as much would they?  If such a requirement existed, car manufacturers would be partly responsible I think. 
  Bingo. This happened to my family a few months back. My wife bought a few books for my 5 year old and handed the iPad back to her, a few days later we get an iTunes receipt for $250.  Kiddo clicked on an ad in a game and wound up purchasing another app.   Apple refunded the money and we learned a lesson, but the default should be to the most secure option. Kids are kids. 
Question is, will Apple appeal, push for a new trial, or try to settle?  Cook never wanted to sue; they did win an important victory, though, money aside.  Might deter future manufacturers from copying.   Having said that, looking at Samsung's passbook "competitor" they haven't really learned much of anything.
I read it as top execs only. But to your point, it's still ridiculous to me as well.