or Connect

Posts by mcarroll

I'm all wired with advertisement-free video and audio (hopefully like everyone else)....just the product description made me think...admittedly on a tangent.  :)   No, people do not listen to radio anymore....and why is that?  Because real radio has been ruined for a long time by its greedy owners.  (If I hadn't been alive to see it before the takeover and gutting, I might be inclined to believe that radio was always like this.)   So what do I want?  I guess for modern...
From the product description: "[...]It makes listening to your favorite music easier. All around your home. Wirelessly."   You mean like real radio?   I'm sure it's a nice product, but if real radio weren't such a vapid, corporate-controlled wasteland - as it is - would there be a significant need for products like this?  I want our public airwaves back.   -Matt
Just wondering if someone has a better idea what to do with some classic Macs than what I've come up with so far.   I've got a Duo dock, Performa 6214 (cpu only), Performa 6300CD (complete system, incl. box), Gen 1 Blue and White (El Capitan) PowerMac G3, Gen 1 PowerBook G4, Blueberry iMac (think it's a Gen 2), and a Gen 1 PowerMac G5 (standard video).   I know the recycling and junkyard options, but I'm hoping someone's got a better idea that I could use to get some...
The posting/story is nothing but Kickstarter promo and fodder for the apple-whiners/FUD-peddlers (click generators to be sure).You nailed it with the "winners and losers" angle. Same situation has repeated at least several times, this being only the latest. The first "whiner victory" I can recall was the kerfuffle of "multitasking" in IOS. Of course IOS is a Unix-based OS, so it's had "real" multitasking from day one, but that mattered not to the whiner echo-chamber. I...
The more things change...!Sub out the term "smartphone" and go back about ten years and I think I may have written that exact passage about M$FT. LOL - You really took me back with that one! Thanks!
  Okay with the facts, but not sure I agree with your analysis.   Apple playing hardball with Google is a side-effect of Google's entrance to cell-phone market with a copy-cat product and an own-the-world-like-Microsoft attitude.  Prior to that they were all chummy all the time.  No sense in trying to muddy this by portraying Google as some kind of victim.   Further, Google got way up in the search market share (user searches NOT advertising dollars!!!) by being good at...
  That very apologetic of Google for you to say.  You should receive some Google stock for that!  ;)   (Sad that you only see Google bashing on Apple sites....should be much more prevalent than that as they very much deserve bashing.)   I think if you asked 1000 people on the street "what Google does" the answer would universally be "Internet Search!"  Not "tracking me for advertisers".   Google is really there to track you for advertisers, BTW.  It's Google's get rich...
Another **itbag analyst...simultaneously spouting and citing irrelevant analyst opinion. "Not only did *Google win*, but *Apple lost*." Seriously? Didn't we learn to ignore these idiots after the last recession? Users are the big winners - Google'ites can love the Google, FWIW. Everyone else have plenty of options too. Open Street Maps is nice, as are many of the mapping plugins like Map Quest. IMO, Google has been too big for their britches since they became an...
2/3 of software anywhere is "zombie" then I guess.  Was this article just a ploy to use the word zombie??   In the old days (and today too, except for those guys ref'd in TFA) we called that 2/3 of the software made something like "business software."  Almost all of it was single-use and very esoteric.  (Ringing a bell?)  The percentage of software available at retail for consumers - general use or entertainment - was always a small percentage of the amount of...
  Being an oxymoron, was that stated for irony?