or Connect

Posts by chazwatson

It's quite delusional to think the carrier profile update will be used to take ones property away.
Your original reply to me was a bit ESL, perhaps because of your shortcut, but I did my best to respond.  So, if you want to be bothered to put in the effort to form a complete reply and have a real discussion about something in particular that I said then feel free.   In the US, if someone is about to shoot themselves, the police will intervene-- they are allowed to do that.  Are you seriously arguing that they won't try to stop you?   Again, what are you afraid of?
  I'm alright with the NSA possibly filtering through my communications.  Some people knew this was going on in the first place, but there wasn't proof.   What are you afraid of?
  Gotta complete the thought by using the rest... "because of ignorant people like you who think the President will start sending you his campaign messages through it"     The government has the right to prevent you from harming yourself.  If that means sending someone a text message to let them know about an incoming nuclear attack then that's what they'll do.
  You were naive about it, but there's no reason to think the NSA cares about the text messages you send to your girlfriend when your wife isn't looking.
  If only we could all opt out of your messages too.   This is exactly why it's mandatory-- because of ignorant people like you who think the President will start sending you his campaign messages through it.  They're protecting you from yourself by not letting you turn it off.
  ^^^^^^^
  WTF does Obama have to do with this?  Are you one of THOSE people?
Most resources stored compressed on disk are actually decompressed when read by the application that uses them, and then kept in memory that way. For instance, graphics like JPEGs become Bitmaps. This allows a JPEG to be rendered quickly each time it needs to be drawn without having to be decompressed more than once. There's a big performance advantage, but at the cost of some RAM. This kind of thing happens all the time with graphics resources applications use to not...
Second foray of the day!