or Connect

Posts by chazwatson

And exactly how far along is that piece?  Can you tell by a crappy photo that it's production quality and fits nicely with all the other parts not pictured?
So THAT'S where Samsung has been spending all those marketing dollars. Come on Apple! You're falling behind on the spending compared to them!! Innovate like Samsung!
  What a convincing argument.
    So your conclusion is that it doesn't make sense to create a whole new lower-cost phone that's made of completely different materials?  I'd have to agree with that.       Low cost to Apple is reducing component costs and ramping down existing inventories and manufacturing capabilities.
The budget iPhone has always been the previous generation with less costly chips (less memory, processor die reductions).  There's absolutely no reason to believe that will ever change.   It doesn't need to change because it works, and it works for a number of reasons; it's extremely cost effective and allows everyone to have the real deal, not some cheapo version.  Apple doesn't do cheap versions of anything.
  It won't.  Any savings they would have from materials would be lost in retooling and ramping up manufacturing (test runs, reconfigs, etc).
  I laughed out loud.
  Or just bypassing it all by making an emergency call and hitting the power button.  Seems iOS and Android have more in common than anyone is willing to admit.
People thought the feed was uncompressed before it hit the adapter.  They didn't realize that the screen's video is spit out through the codec.   Now I'm sure there will be another round of complaints about that.  It's like caring that a penny isn't really made out of 100% copper anymore.  Nobody really cares because it gets the job done.
  What you're talking about here is exactly what Siri is advertised to do.  For most people, it would defeat the purpose of using Siri if you had to take your phone out of your pocket, look at your screen, and type in your passcode.  She can be turned off if you feel threatened.