or Connect

Posts by toastador

Not that you would notice off the bat.  If you look really close after realizing this, there is a tiny mark that appears to say TV. But it's something you easily overlook especially since, like you, I had never heard of one direction type HDMI cables.
This thread is started to provide others with a solution that I found after troubleshooting problems with my Panasonic TC-P50ST60.  The solution should work for other plasmas and TVs as well, since this solution addresses a unique problem that does not originate with the TV itself or the external device, but rather the HDMI cord itself.  When buying a brand new HDMI cord, it is unlikely that you would think to troubleshoot the cord.  Consequently, I hope this helps...
You cannot play a DVD through iTunes.  It doesn't work that way.  Moreover, the rights management protections are written into the software/application itself.  Effectively, when you try to airplay a DVD, you will not be able to do it unless you use a third party, non-Apple DVD playing software such as VLC.  The only other option you have is to convert your DVD to a mp4 or h.264 format and import it into iTunes library and then airplay the file through iTunes library....
After sitting on the line with Apple support and doing some troubleshooting, I finally figured out some additional things that might help out.  With the update to Mountain Lion, Apple seems to have enabled a feature that causes the grey and white checkerboard to appear in any of Apple's video playing software if there is any type of streaming or other connection active to the subject computer.  For example, prior to the Mountain Lion update, I had my Mac Mini connected...