or Connect

Posts by Maccaguy

I went through the AT&T site right at 3am. A lot of glitches, and finally got through with an order number, but no confirmation number as of 3 hours later. Still showing my line as available for upgrading on my account page, but they have sent a 'pre-authorization' charge to my credit card. I hope that's a good sign.   I went for the space grey 4.7" in 64GB. 
Hear, hear! I love to read when someone takes a troll to task.
If Newson worked on any upcoming Apple wearables, I'm sure they will be beautiful based solely on those above photos. However, I'm wondering if Ive didn't want him to come on board to be his 'no' guy. Steve Jobs probably said 'no' a lot more to Jony than we can fathom. Maybe Jony feels that for upcoming products of great magnitude, he needs someone that he values as a designer to say 'no'. This will continue to keep him pushing for the best possible design, rather than...
To me, it's sad that as a society we seek every medical answer for physical conditions, but when someone is experiencing mental problems they are thought of as weak. I've heard the same person say they would kill their self if they had terminal cancer, but mock someone with depression for having suicidal thoughts. Mental health is just as important, if not more so, than physical health, and yet we in the developed world look at it as if it's just something you can change...
I had a new heat pump installed in mid-October, and installed a Nest thermostat at that time. Granted, the heat pump is a new, high efficiency model, but the Nest has shown plenty of 'no usage' or extremely low usage (<30 minutes in 24 hours) days. Since I'm on my electric company's 'levelized' plan that averages the last 13 months, I haven't seen a drop in the bill just yet, but in the usage chart, there was an obvious drop in October 2013 v. 2012. Granted, there were...
My wife and I decided to start improving our health and drop some pounds and get in better shape this year. She has been using the Fitbit One and we bought a Fitbit Aria scale to help us track our weight loss. I'm not giving either of the devices all the credit, but she's dropped 25 pounds and I'm down 10 lbs. I'm thinking the motivation of spending that much money to let us know we're still overweight has been enough to keep us from giving up. 
I think that's why Apple was so insistent on getting the iPhone 5 into as many countries as they could as quickly as possible. Not only to satisfy customers around the world who wanted the newest device, but also to see what type of supply chain modifications they might need to work on before attempting to supply China Mobile's customer base along with all the other carriers they already partner with. 
If Apple were to start publishing a phone book, some halfwit analyst would announce that 'initial supplies will be constrained due to display yields'. Apparently, it's easier to publish that line than to actually say 'this device will be VERY popular'.
I've noticed this on our plan (2 iPhone 4s and 1 iPhone 4 ) as well. A LOT more cellular data use than was normal before iOS 6, and even cellular usage when I know our devices are in range of our routers.
I haven't had the described problem with the wifi 'greyed out', but I have noticed significant reduction in where my iOS 6 devices can pick up my Airport Extreme router's signal since upgrading. With iOS 5, I could easily pick up signal into my front and back yards, but now I lose signal at certain places inside my home that were never a 'low signal' area before.