or Connect

Posts by Kendog52404

The DOJ settlement would also go beyond e-books, prohibiting Apple from entering agreements with suppliers of "music, movies, television shows or other content that are likely to increase the prices at which Apple's competitor retailers may sell that content."   The DOJ's settlement proposal didn't say the above, Apple's response did.    I am not in favor of restricting "music, movies, television shows or other content" deals with regards to this settlement.  It...
  I think that he was commenting on the fact that the Xbox One reveal event focused more on the entertainment aspects and capabilities of the device than on games.  Which, actually makes sense with E3 starting on Wednesday, and Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday, June 10.
You're assuming that Microsoft made the app for the Xbox.  It is possible that either Google made it for the Xbox, or that Microsoft made it for the Xbox and the APIs are under NDA.
  I was thinking that Apple could act like the Cable/Sat TV company and handle the payments for it.  So you are still not paying HBO/Cinemax directly, but you are paying Apple who are then paying HBO.   If Apple did that, and then tied that access into your Apple ID, you would likely be able to access it on your computer/iDevice.  The only downside to the above idea, is that at the end of the day, it is still only On Demand, not a mirrored stream from the HBO channels,...
I am betting that when the iPad 5 comes out, (whenever), it will keep the four model that there are currently, (64GB-128GB) but drop them in price $100.  That way, the 32GB is now at the $499.00 price point and the 128GB is at the same price point as the 64GB is today.  In this senario, the 16GB* replaces the iPad 2 at the low end of the spectrum for full sized iPads.   The other possibility is the same as above, but the 16GB version is the iPad 4.   * Edit: I...
One idea of how they could do a TV, and with apps, is to have something like Sky Go on it.  In other words, have the cable/sat company have an app that functions like the stb in watching tv, it is simply an app.   No, I don't have Sky Go, I live in the US, but from what I have seen online about Sky Go, it would seem like the ideal type of app for an Apple TV.
I don't know what 2.5" drives are in the Mini/MBP, and I don't have the link in front of me, but Seagate is stopping production of pure 2.5" HDD and replacing them with new versions of their Momentous XT type of drives.  In other words, the drives will all have flash mixed with spinning platters for traditional HDD.
I've seen speculation on it going in the iPad Mini, and then extending that, maybe into the rest of the iDevice lineup.  What I am wondering is would it go into Apple Displays/iMacs/(theoretical) Apple TV Set.   Edit: I am also including the Macbook line in the above comment.
I keep seeing people saying Apple should use or at least consider ARM for the new Mac/ Mac Pro. While I could see that as a possibility in the future, assuming ARM improves enough, it just wouldn't work now. Even the idea of an ARM version on Xeon Phi wouldn't work because the software is all written for x86. If you did go with ARM, then other than Apple and whatever launch partners you had, you would be stuck waiting for others to write ARM versions of their products. ...
This is an interesting article. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/12/ibms-nanophotonic-tech-integrates-optic-data-right-into-chips/ While I realize that this would likely take a while to get to the consumer level, I still think it is very interesting. What do you guys think?