or Connect

Posts by Kendog52404

I am betting that when the iPad 5 comes out, (whenever), it will keep the four model that there are currently, (64GB-128GB) but drop them in price $100.  That way, the 32GB is now at the $499.00 price point and the 128GB is at the same price point as the 64GB is today.  In this senario, the 16GB* replaces the iPad 2 at the low end of the spectrum for full sized iPads.   The other possibility is the same as above, but the 16GB version is the iPad 4.   * Edit: I...
One idea of how they could do a TV, and with apps, is to have something like Sky Go on it.  In other words, have the cable/sat company have an app that functions like the stb in watching tv, it is simply an app.   No, I don't have Sky Go, I live in the US, but from what I have seen online about Sky Go, it would seem like the ideal type of app for an Apple TV.
I don't know what 2.5" drives are in the Mini/MBP, and I don't have the link in front of me, but Seagate is stopping production of pure 2.5" HDD and replacing them with new versions of their Momentous XT type of drives.  In other words, the drives will all have flash mixed with spinning platters for traditional HDD.
I've seen speculation on it going in the iPad Mini, and then extending that, maybe into the rest of the iDevice lineup.  What I am wondering is would it go into Apple Displays/iMacs/(theoretical) Apple TV Set.   Edit: I am also including the Macbook line in the above comment.
I keep seeing people saying Apple should use or at least consider ARM for the new Mac/ Mac Pro. While I could see that as a possibility in the future, assuming ARM improves enough, it just wouldn't work now. Even the idea of an ARM version on Xeon Phi wouldn't work because the software is all written for x86. If you did go with ARM, then other than Apple and whatever launch partners you had, you would be stuck waiting for others to write ARM versions of their products. ...
This is an interesting article. http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/12/ibms-nanophotonic-tech-integrates-optic-data-right-into-chips/ While I realize that this would likely take a while to get to the consumer level, I still think it is very interesting. What do you guys think?
I found the article. It is on Ars Technica. http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/07/why-thunderbolt-cables-will-be-expensive-until-2013/
I read somewhere, I think either Ars or Anandtech, that the reason for the high cost cabling on TB was due to design issues with copper cabling and that they had to scramble (I think) to solve the issue resulting in a two chip solution. So there are four chips in a TB cable, two in each end. While combing those two into one would save costs, due to design issues with the current 10G spec, they can't really do that in a cost effective way. The plan is apparently to do...
I thought that when Steve made that comment about 7-in tablets, one of the main complaints about them were the resolution. The deciding on one resolution for 7-in then having to recreate them for 10-in tablets, or stretching the image. The introduction of the Retina iPad then allowed them to create a 7-in with the same resolution as the none Retina iPads, minimizing any disruption to the developers.
That is what I said in my above post after I edited it.