or Connect

Posts by Cosmos 1999

I really thought the final product would have been some sort of Mac mini boosted with ViiV capabilities (remember the so-clalled Kaleidoscope project more than a year ago?). Intel ViiV seems a very good solution. It is codec-independant. Moreover the software which does the trick is pretty OS-independant: it is a bit like a firmware on a chip (Intel calls it the Integrated Media Server software). It takes any movie, and transcode it to a native DLNA-compliant codec (MPEG-2...
HKEPC confirms this IDA story: Intel introduces Dynamic Acceleration in Socket P Merom but from another point of view: IDA accelerates data processing by overclocking one core while downlocking the other one, leaving the global TDP unchanged. It would speed up single-thread apps. w/o IDA first ; then with IDA
From The Inquirer: Intel dumbs down dual Santa Rosa cores with IDA The article says (BS?): - Crestline GM chipset - T7100, T7300, T7500, T7700, U7500, U7600 Merom processors with IDA (Intel Dynamic Acceleration) The Crestline GM chipset is said to have 800 MHz FSB, DX10 GMA 3000 or X3000 graphics, NAND-flash accelerating technology on the motherboard (called Robson) and wifi 802.11n (+ WiMAX perhaps). The IDA (Intel Dynamic Acceleration) would be some technology making...
You two are right.From an internal codename perspective:- Carmel -> Centrino1- Sonoma -> Centrino2- Napa (with Yonah) -> Centrino3- Napa64 (with Merom) -> Centrino3, still- Santa Rosa (with Merom) -> Centrino4But from a public point of view, there is just "Centrino", "Centrino Duo" and perhaps "Centrino 2 Duo"
I talked about SWM just for the clutter on screen it artificially cleaned, not any fullscreen ability it doesn't have MDI on Windows (ala Photoshop) is a pretty bad UI design IMHO. This grey background with a limitating border for all application windows is dummy, but it comes from technical limitations of Windows itself. I talked about iMovie because it is an app which does not spill its tools across your cluttered desktop. Prevous versions of iMovie ran even in...
While I agree about filling window size to its content" being in theory better than "maximize to fullscreen" (especially in a multitasking OS) I would make these comments: - The "zoom to fit" function in Mac OS X does not work properly in many many many applications, so I never use it. It it were more clever I would use it. - Some profesionnal applications rarely need to be used with multi-level drag & drop. Take Macromedia Dreamweaver or Flash for example. They...
AppZapper is a very cool application remover. Take a look at www.appzapper.com EDIT: didn't read the end of Chucker's post. Whatever, now you get the link.
Not quite. A friend of mine (PC user) came to my home and said he didn't manage to connect his Samsung mobile phone with his PC via BT. I fired up Bluetooth File Exchange on my iMac G5 and told the software to pair it with his listed phone, and all went fine after the mutual acceptance of codes. We transfered several files between the devices. So "Samsung Bluetooth protocol" is Mac-compatible (but that's the way Bluetooth is made for BTW). The "problem" with Samsung phone...
Is there any developper here who has a build of 10.4.7 with this new iSync? If so, can you please tell us if there is support for one or several Samsung mobile phones? The newest sliders such as the SGH-D520, E900, Z550 and D870 use an open variant of SyncML, and not their proprietary protocol anymore. I don't know about he new LG KG-800 "Chocolate" though. I am a bit pessimistic becauses these new phones are available in Asia and Europe but not yet in the USA.