or Connect

Posts by Cosmos 1999

I don't want to make any teasing here. It was a draft and I had the feeling the writer didn't know much about the specs (ie he wasn't an Apple employee). No mention of the type of the processor Core Solo or Core Duo (just "Intel") nor the graphic card. It was written in addition Airport Extreme, Bluetooth2.0+EDR, Sudden Motion Sensor (but this is already in iBook). Weird enough, the price was "between €1500 and €1550 including VAT" (compare this with the different european...
I can't tell you anymore but this: I fugitively saw last week the paper contract which clearly says Apple and my company are making a deal starting 1st June. This deal includes many, many of these new MacBook, at an incredible rebate. This pre-announce (Apple never comments about future products) and more, this strange big rebate (on a brand new and very awaited Mac) puzzled me and I initially believed the writer had been mistaken and that it should have been written...
You seem to be focused too much on the processor's frequency, when improvements in other areas are better. Merom seems good (it is) but the real innovation will lay in its future truly dedicated Centrino 4 platform, codenamed Santa Rosa: The current Centrino 3 Napa platform for Yonah will just be updated a bit for Merom release (Napa64) this year. But in early 2007 (by March), Merom will gain the Crestine chipset and its Santa Rosa Centrino 4 platform: 800 MHz FSB, a...
And here is a new update (03/15/2006) from LEAP/E2020 team: USA-Dollar-Iran / Confirmation of Global Systemic Crisis end of March 2006 INTRO: « Nine indicators developed in this month’s GlobalEurope Anticipation Bulletin, coordinated by Franck Biancheri, out of which 5 are presented in this public communication, enable LEAP/E2020 to confirm the beginning of a global systemic crisis by the end of March 2006. The recent international trends that particularly affect the...
Additional news following this curve: "Arab central banks move assets out of dollar" (by Philip Thornton from UK newspaper "The Independant", March 14th, 2006) Now Syrian, and even Saudian banks in United Arab Emirates, are partially abandonating the dollar in a move to euro. FIRST THREE PARAGRAPHS OF THE PAPER: « Middle Eastern anger over the decision by the US to block a Dubai company from buying five of its ports hit the dollar yesterday as a number of central...
Think about DVD/DivX boxes with integrated wifi like those from Kiss Technology. They do have AV outputs and an all-in-one chip that decode various AV formats (ie no need for an ATI/NVIDIA costly solution). But they do have a DVD recorder and/or a 80, 160 or 250 GB integrated hard disk drive so they charge way more than the simple Apple Airport mediabox I described. A solution without any optical drive nor HDD, yet considering Apple price levels and quality, would cost...
You're right especially on the push/pull thing, but think Airport Express being done the right way: It would be a little media box you plug on TV, with a remote control (the same as with new iMac and Mac mini). With the push of a button on the remote, it displays Front Row directly on the TV screen and you can wirelessy access medias from any Mac of your home network with the help of Bonjour. -> no need to physically access the Mac to choose, play, pause, stop and change...
Just imagine the near time when Indian and Chinese peoples can access massive industry goods and personal vehicles as we use now. Sure new oil wells will be be created. But new oil reserves are smaller or more and more difficult to find and to access (deaper underground and under oceanic floors). This means fewer and fewer and more and more expensive extracted oil. Not to say the demand will moreover grow way faster. One thing to know: if China (about 1.3 billion...
Exactly. In economic terms, a strong trusted currency (like the dollar) is called in French a "monnaie fiduciaire" which I translated directly here to "fiduciary money". It appears English language rather refers to the more appropriate term "fiat currency". I edit my first post to reflect a more correct explanation. There's a good English Wikipedia page about Fiat currency.
I'd like to share somme information with you, about what could happen in the next months: a probable world economic and perhaps military crisis related to Iran nuclear weapons question, the upcoming Teheran Euro-based oil bourse and its implication on US$ and €, and the US economic retortion answer (end of publication of the M3 macro-economic indicator followed by an uncontrolled boost of "money printing") and possibly a US military answer too (unilaterally conducted...