or Connect

Posts by Cosmos 1999

Think Secret thinks iMac could actually use the "T" Core Duo variant and MacBook Pro the lower voltage one:This would be better like this. But 1.67/1.83GHz frequencies exist both in "T" and "L" variants, so we cannot know exactly yet.
Apple (more exactly Michael Uly, an Apple empoyee working on iMovie) filed the patent n°20060007222 called "Integrated sensing display", filled 21st June 2004, accepted and published 12th January 2006. Abstract: "An integrated sensing display is disclosed. The sensing display includes display elements integrated with image sensing elements. As a result, the integrated sensing device can not only output images (e.g., as a display) but also input images (e.g., as a...
It would be very great and wonderfully Job-esque if MacBook Pro actually has the "L" version of Core Duo (L2300 and L2400), but I doubt it. Time will tell.
I think this will not happen because the Low-Voltage Core Duo is more expensive than the "typical" one. If we already have the cheapest in the $2000 MacBook Pro, no way the more expensive one could be in a $1000 MacBook (iBook). As for availability, Intel is rushing all their new chips. Think the desktop chip Conroe (and possibly the Xeon Woodcrest too) has been retargeted sooner to July -perfect for an announce at WWDC- and Merom to September -just for Apple Expo-). All...
Exclusive: Intel will announce Merom in September 2006 [EDIT: as Telomar said it before in the other thread]See the complete article at TGdaily. So Yonah will live just for 9 months... Merom processor will bring higher frequencies and 64-bit support.Napa64 chipset succeeding Napa will bring HDMI, HD audio and a trusted platform module (but don't iMac and MacBook Pro already have a TPM?) Then in 2007, another chipset for Merom succeeding Napa64: Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa was...
It is too bad Apple doesn't use Low-Voltage nor Ultra-Low-Voltage versions of Core Solo/Duo. I wonder who in the PC world will use them, because they are less powerful and more pricey. I think some expensive very thin 12" ultraportable notebooks... but would Apple compete with this specific product range?
I managed to grab the roadmap with names and frequencies for Yonahs this year 2006: ------------------------------------------------------------- "E Series" Extreme Edition (50 W+) - Core Duo E2900: ? - Core Duo E2800: ? - Core Duo E2700: 2.33 GHz, FSB 667 (H2-06) ------------------------------------------------------------- "T Series" Typical (25-49 W, 31W typical) - Core Duo T2700: 2.33 GHz, FSB 667 (H2-06) - Core Duo T2600: 2.17 GHz, FSB 667...
Weird. I'd have expected Conroe to go in iMac and Woodcrest in PM and Xserve. Power Mac are workstation-class, so they need Intel Professional class processors, aka Xeon. Conroe will be the true Pentium IV successor for desktops, but only Woodcrest is a Xeon (and the quadcore "Tigerton" too, in 2007).
G-SATA is a possible competitor to FW800 for hard drives, but IEEE 1394 FireWire is more: it is THE plug for Digital Video. USB2 is not for true DV format, it is used only with little camcorders which encode directly in MPEG-2 on a DVD-R or MPEG-4 on a HDD, a nightmare to edit. Moreover, a new consortium has been formed to unify and promote HD video networking: HANA (High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, web site hanaalliance.org). Industry Leaders Announce...
An anonymous person claiming beeing "in the know" has posted the following on the French MacGeneration forum (due to NDA restrictions related to US), but in English langage (2nd December):Then this has been quoted into an article on MacRumors, 7th December. All is said in his post. This could be an enormous strike toward Microsoft. With Cocoa for Windows made available for XP (and Vista), Cocoa "Universal Binaries" would become truly universal: You check another case in...