or Connect

Posts by Cosmos 1999

Quote from 09/20/2005 at Apple Expo : "Apple is on track to ship Intel-based computers as targeted by June 2006", Chief Executive Steve Jobs said on Tuesday. "We are on track to do that," Jobs told a news conference in Paris". I personally think that this was the press who asked about the targeted timeframe of "June 2006", and that Jobs only answered the words "We are on track to do that". I concede this is very elusive and subject to many interpretations. Oh, and Yonah...
I'm surprised nobody talked about this yet: Woodcrest is the server version of the portable chip Merom. Moreover, Woodcrest is the successor of Sossaman, the server version of Yonah (all are Pentium-M derivatives) and NOT Dempsey (a Pentium-4D chip, design Apple will never use). Apple said they will switch the laptop and consumer Mac line (think iBook, PowerBook, Mac mini) first, in June 2006. And they will finish the transition with high-end (think Power Mac & Xserve) by...
Sony VAIO cutting-edge ultraportables (the TX Series) are made of carbon-fiber.
It seems that it was just the new multilanguage & 1GB .Mac service... BEFORE: AFTER: Funny: The big news of this new .Mac announced at Paris is native French support, but the text on banner is in English
Hi. You'd better do a search before posting; ther was several threads about Xbox 360 processor, such as this one (see Programmer's answer). To simplify now, XBox 360 will have a triple-core 3.2 GHz PowerPC, but each core is far less complex than in a G5, thus providing this rising in frequency.
You can also see a complete nanotopsy here...
I know, I was talking about a perfect ideal world... :sigh:
Bring back the old OpenDoc concept (dropped from Copland) and push it to the max. No applications. Or these are invisible. Files are put on various places on the desktop, in specialized drawers... A document would be on only compatible format. The document would be visually seen as a piece of paper, or a photo, a piece of film, depending of its content (it could display a reduced preview of its content). You could take it and bring it back to front, zooming in it,...
No. Again, a misleading information. Merom seems to have been taped-in (design finished and sent to the fab) in June, precisely first or second week of June 2005. This step is before creation of the mask (tape-out). Is this really important anyway?
The AIM alliance was founded in early 90's. Later during G4 development, IBM disagreed with Motorola "VMX" (Altivec) SIMD approach ; they preferred to go toward a higher-frequency design of G3 chip, which the G4 couldn't achieve. And in some way IBM was a little later proven to be so right, remembrer the one-year 500 MHz G4 debacle... So the divorce happened between IBM and Moto between 1998 and 1999, and they developed their own PowerPC projects separately. In 1997, Apple...