or Connect

Posts by godrifle

After installing 10.9.2 (460 MB, about 10 minute install), I have a desktop notification "Optimizing Your Mac: Performance may be impacted until completed." Safari is updated to version 7.0.2 (9537.74.9). I can confirm it fixes the goto fail SSL/TLS bug in Safari. One aspect I've noted is that my external monitor which is rotated 90 degrees reverted to its default rotation setting, and the arrangement reverted too.
This is a hefty update from Apple. 460MB, reboot required. Took about 10 minutes to install on my 27" i7 iMac.
I wonder what their patent portfolio looks like...
Re iCloud, I wish it had the filesharing/filesystem feature set of Dropbox. I've found it to be the killer app that has changed how I and my teams go about doing our work. Were Apple to match it and integrate it into IOS, I'd love my Apple products even more.
I don't care.
Is this yellow journalism?
But, reviews of SimCity are overwhelmingly AWFUL.
The Messages app on my desktop never sends the first message to other iMessage users. The second message almost always goes through. This is not unique to me; other users are struggling with the same issue. 10.8.3 doesn't resolve the long-standing issue. :-(
They'd better focus on higher ed. I know first-hand of multiple universities that have completely dropped Final Cut Pro (the platform they previous taught) to Adobe. That's hundred of video editors being minted every year that are being educated about Apple's abandonment of the professional marketplace in a failed bid to chase the "prosumer" market. Turns out there are hobbyists, there are professionals, and vastly fewer prosumers. I've been saying it for years; Apple's...
Yay. I wrote a letter to Apple months back explaining that my company mounts 100% of our Macs and external displays (and we're 100% Apple), and that our very large investment in monitor arms and other infrastructure would require that we sit out this latest line of Macs due to a lack of a vesa mount. I'm not saying they listened to me, but I'm glad they made this an option.   +1 Apple.