or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

If JD Powers research methodology is as convoluted as their press releases, it's a wonder that anyone told them they wanted technology in their cars. "In addition, owners who say their dealer did not explain the feature have a higher likelihood of never using the technology. Furthermore, features that are not activated when the vehicle is delivered often result in the owner not even knowing they have the technology in their new vehicle. - See more at:...
Wow, this is so last decade ... ;-) http://gizmodo.com/a-visual-history-of-the-ipod-click-wheel-r-i-p-1632640054
Think about a greater use of multi-touch. Pen in one hand, using the fingers on the other for controls on the screen. The iPad Pro will have more screen real-estate to allow this type of use. And this is with pre-designed icons/buttons on the screen that can explicitly show the intended use rather than just remembering key combinations on a separate keyboard. Then think about the possibility of having multiple devices daisy-chained through USB-C - you want your keyboard?...
The funny part about this quote is that people still refer to people that buy Apple products (especially with regards to phones and tablets) as fanboys. Considering that Apple phones and tablets are easily the most dominant platform on the globe, what does it mean when "fan boys" are the majority?
Sorry, but I use my iPad for business work all the time. I log in with Outlook mail to the corporate exchange server, pull down documents off of Box  (including Word, Excel, & PPT) and review and edit them on my iPad, I log into the corporate SalesForce server and edit entries ... and I am not a sales professional, I am a technical trainer. For me, the biggest things are having an LTE connection (which MS didn't add to Surfaces until about a month ago) so that I can access...
Wow, this is a loaded comment ... I use my AppleWatch a lot ... but then again, I also used my Pebble Smartwatch quite a bit and the AppleWatch is definitely a step up in usability.
I am trying to figure out exactly what enhancements are going to make the iPad Air 3 so much more attractive than the current iPad Air 2. Sure it will have performance enhancements and perhaps a thinner profile, but really, how big a differentiation will there be to actual usability? Perhaps the greatest advantage of releasing an iPad Air 3 would be to attract upgrades from current iPad Air 2 customers, but that would then flood the secondary resale market with used iPad...
The interesting thing about this round vs square debate is that a watch most likely was supposed to be more of a bracelet than a bracelet with a big circle on it. The reason that watches are round is because a circular mechanism with hands on it looked better in a circle format because the hands were a fixed length and rotated around the circular mechanism. Does this mean that most people prefer circular watches because the varying space from the edges on a rectangular is...
 How about just realizing that the design is going to be ugly to most people. Having big black wasted space in the corners just to shoehorn a square interface into a round geometry? Not something that I would find particularly efficient or attractive.
Well, it does reduce the effectiveness of the haptic response of the watch. I understand that people used to carry their pagers down below to get some ... "satisfaction" ;-) ... but the multiple haptic elements and their programmed use is designed to be used on the wrist.