or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

Don't know that you will see this on iPhones since the domestic carriers (at least in the US) heavily subsidize the handset cost. This feature is for people that are on month to month contracts.
I don't think this about Apple providing the service as much as it is providing a SIM that will work on multiple networks without swapping out. It doesn't change the current paradigm by much since tablets (at least in the US) are on a month to month charge without a contract. It just makes life easier for people traveling country to country and spending enough time (more than a week?) to sign up for local data.   Wonder how this affects US cell provider global plans and...
iOS8 includes "Secure Enclave", a hardware component to encryption. This is new to mobile devices.  oth,fhttp://nelenkov.blogspot.com/2014/10/revisiting-android-disk-encryption.html"Android has included full disk encryption (FDE) support since version 3.0, but versions prior to 4.4 used a fairly easy to bruteforce key derivation function (PBKDF2 with 2000 iterations). Additionally, because the disk encryption password is the same as the lockscreen one, most users tend to...
You should probably read the Forbes articles. Apple really had nothing to win or lose with this deal ... other than if they had intended to ship sapphire screens with the iPhone 6 & 6+. In the end, Slurpy is correct - Apple had record sales with the iPhone release even without the sapphire screens.  Perhaps Apple will be able to acquire the technology and the factory when the smoke clears from this GTAT fiasco and can work towards sapphire screens in the future, but the...
It's important to note a few things ...   While Apple may have withheld payment earlier in the year, it is likely that problems were identified earlier than that. It was not in Apple's interest to see GTAT fail since they still had to make their own release date. Withholding the earlier payment would likely come after significant inability to meet deadlines and/or lack of communication from GTAT management.   As noted by an earlier poster, GTAT was in serious financial...
Here it is ... the people in glass houses ultimate result,   http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/10/samsung-galaxy-note-4-bendgate/   Wonder how Samsung is feeling about that bending QA video now ...
Not sure what the point of this post is ... ApplePay is a technology for credit transactions, not necessarily to replace cash. Fwiw, my wallet is for cards, I carry cash separately in my pocket (used to use a money clip but don't even do that anymore). And fwiw, I see less and less people carrying wallets where they store their cash and more like me where they just jam the bills and coins into their pockets. The point is that the majority of people are using credit cards...
I can't wait for Apple to lose this lawsuit ... then someone can sue the American government for the DMCA ...
Obviously, you never owned one of these ... http://www.suzannesomers.com/products/suzanne-somers-thighmaster-gold
Is it just me that thinks that Sumsung has just opened themselves up to a huge class action lawsuit when the Note 4 ships? They just put into an advertisement that it is ok for you to sit on their phone. As a matter of fact, that opening sequence gas someone bouncing up and down with a phone in their rear pocket. Beyond just having to replace bent or broken phones, what is going to happen when someone bounces on their phone and the screen shatters and cuts someone's...