or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

I am surprised that the mainstream media hasn't come out and said that since MS is having to layoff it's workforce, Apple is dead.   Usually this news = Apple Death Knell +1    I do truly feel sorry for the employees.
Thank you Samsung for providing us chargers so that we can surf and top off our iDevices while we are sitting in airports waiting. Hopefully, your users don't run their Samsung devices down to nothing, only to pull out their extra battery and remember that they forgot to charge it.   btw, since I am using multiple portable devices (phone, tablet, bt headphones), I went out and bought a single USB battery charger that can charge all my devices ... how many batteries would...
As a technology aware parent from this school district, I think this is more an issue of trying to do too much too early with an IT department and teachers that really aren't aware or capable of understanding the paradigm shift that technology can usher in the classroom.   This is not about teaching kids to be able to run word processors or spreadsheets. It isn't about providing a platform for standardized testing, although that is a lot of what the pilot program ended...
 Just a matter of time before a smart developer (like Apple) uses predictive intelligence to cache maps to the CarPlay device in a 100 or 200 mile radius around a car to be used for offline situations when cell service drop outs (and updates as soon as it finds a good signal). As a matter of fact, I already run a map program that allows you to load maps for the whole country so that you don't ever have to worry about losing cell service. oth, I would love to hear about you...
My observation (and this carries in both 1st world & emerging economies) is that when a person ripens out of space on their 8 GB starter iPhone, they sell it off to someone else and buy an iPhone with more storage. Oth, when they run out of space on an Android phone, they throw it away because they can't sell it amped absorb the full cost of a new phone. They do get to keep the microSD card, though, if they remember to pull it out before pitching the phone.
Hmm, I wonder how many of these "wronged" parents have deleted the "mistakenly bought" applications off of their childrens' ios devices?
Interestingly, the Nokia keyboard is a $149 add-on although I guess that now they released the ad they have decided to give it away with the purchase of a 2520. My Logitech Ultimate Keyboard case is only $99 and I would guess provides the same functionality. Best of all though, when I want to travel light, I can dump the keyboard and still have a very capable tablet. Is Nokia's message that to be productive you have to carry the keyboard? That has to add extra weight to...
digiclip and edslunch, if they haven't hit enter yet, why does the value show up in the pie chart? Maybe the pie chart is anticipating the value that would be entered?
I think it's important to remember a few factors here:  1. This is a survey of people who have already bought the product.  2. Android buyers tend to be techies who have already done a lot of research and know exactly what they are buying. iPad buyers may be techie, but they can just as easily be someone with little technical knowledge. Buyers that have researched and know what they are buying are probably going to be more satisfied than someone who only has a general idea...
Don't forget that survey results are all based upon the questions that are asked. If JD Power asks "would you be more satisfied paying $200 for a tablet or $400" as a separate question without taking into account any other factors that would obviously skew the results towards the Samsungs that are at that price point. I don't think that many people are going to say they want to spend more money.