or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

Blackberry?
Apple is willing to provide equipment at reduced prices or for free, but rarely if ever actually pay for product placement. I also don't think that they are a stickler for forcing people to show their logos since they don't actually pay for screen time. oth, other companies not only provide equipment, but also pay for their product placement, so they expect their logos to be shown.
And if you looked around, you would see that the paparazzi media is looking for every bit of scandal they can find and/or manufacture. As much as Tim Cook wanted to keep his private life private (and that is exactly what he said in his interview), as the CEO of one of the biggest global companies (and especially as a bachelor), he has no choice - there is always someone looking to make a person of Cook's distinction private life public.
I agree entirely with this post. And yet, in today's celebrity-obsessed, paparazzi, gotcha media environment, a major public figure like Tim Cook is at risk if he tries to hide parts of his private life. Imagine the firestorm if some paparazzi caught a picture of Tim Cook walking down the street holding hands with another man, or kissing another man, or even something as simple as helping a man out of a car. Sure, I would love to think that it would be a non-event, but...
Walmart is not stopping credit card use, they are just stopping electronic touch payments by credit card. You can still have them swipe the stripe.
I am sure that the consortium was setup specifically to make sure that it did not break any anti-trust laws. In my industry, the major players also formed a consortium and as long as it is run as a separate entity that has its own management, there is nothing for the DOJ or SEC to investigate. With the Walmart lawyers, I have no doubt they set it up properly.
No they don't unless you sign for each transaction, in which case it is treated as a credit transaction to the merchant. If you are just using your pin, you aren't guaranteed those same protections, http://usa.visa.com/personal/personal-cards/debit-cards/faq.jsp#anchor_2
Nope, that's the wrong attitude. Writing checks gives them the best rate for processing transactions. If you want to hurt them, pay with a credit card every time and make them pay an extra 2-3% in operating costs.
I think that Continuity is going to end up being a game changing feature. It is one of the big reasons that I was excited about the iOS 8 / Yosemite combination. Being able to pick up and place texts and calls on your desktop instead of reaching for your phone is something that I have been waiting for a while - separate devices but convergence. Handoff has been pretty cool as well, since I am able to pick up a device and go straight to pages that I have been browsing on...
Check again today ... US Bank is now supporting ApplePay. I just added a card today.