or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

There are ultra-portable notebooks with 10 hours of battery life? When I look at http://www.pcworld.com/article/123867-1/article.html most of the portables are listed between 4 and 6 hours just playing back video. Not sure how much usable time that actually calculates out to when you are actually working, but based on the iPod battery life, I would suspect that the MBA would probably outlast most of them. My point about the "extra" battery was that in real usable time, it...
I think that the MBA bashers are missing an important point ... if the MBA is truly stingier in power consumption and Apple's claims of longest battery life are true, then is an extra battery really necessary? Sure, we know that the TZ advertises 4 hr battery life, but that is if the laptop is just playing back music. Most laptops have batteries that last about 2 hours ... if the MBA actually lasts 4 or 5 hours, isn't Apple in fact already including an extra battery in the...
Agreed. If the heads were indeed diving down and gouging the platter, you would also be losing a significant amount of drive capacity. If you have had to reformat your harddrive after one of these corruptions and come up many GB short of what you expected, I would think that you might be one of the people affected by this issue, but if you recovered your drive and continue to routinely write data to your drives, the likelihood that you are having this type of catastrophic...
Wait, I am not sure how this makes sense. Of course people are watching on the web when they can get the content for free just by simply allowing the commercial ads to pass by while they surf other web pages. oth, they were actually willing to pay for content on itms - just like everyone else says, this was gravy to them adding $15M of PROFIT to their coffers. The unsaid part of this is that Zucker is laying down the gauntlet by starting up an online service that is meant...
With the forthcoming iPhone, the Foleo gives a bigger display without the ability to make phonecalls or stream video. If people are complaining about the price of the iPhone, what are they going to say about the Foleo? Seems to me that the Foleo's target group would be better off buying the iPhone and spending $5.00 at the local Walgreens for a pair of magnifying eyeglasses and $30.00 on a bluetooth keyboard. Hawkins was a visionary 20 years ago when he took a block of...
This may be a little off topic, but I wonder how many people would be willing to trade an 8 pixel display for 10 or 20% less battery life? When manufacturing any product, companies have to make compromises that consumers often don't want to know about, or simply cannot understand technically. Still, it is personal responsibility that should guide a purchase, not whining about being misled when buying a product. Still, following the line of reasoning, I am looking...
Wouldn't that make it sound like a Canadian CB radio operator?
Considering that the iPod now supports games made by other developers, I don't think that the iPhone will be totally closed. However, if this article about developing iPod games is relatively accurate, Apple doesn't necessarily make it easy for developers for their embedded OSes.http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/09...ipod/index.php
WiFi and Bluetooth suck a lot of power. Also, when the cell phone radio is in operation and talking to the towers, it also sucks a lot of power. Most current cell phones can remain in standby mode for days, but continous talk time is usually in the 5 to 8 hour range.
I have been on the road for the past two weeks. I started having the RSD problem about a week and a half before I left town, and I didn't want to travel without my computer, so I decided to wait until I returned. On this trip, I have been experiencing extreme problems to the point that this morning took 10 or 12 attempts plus with downtime waiting to boot my MacBook. I finally got it booted and downloaded the firmware upgrade and have been working without any problems for...