or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

There is speculation that Meijer is taking advantage of a loophole that the contract allows for companies to maintain technology that they had implemented prior to joining MCX. Since Meijer has been taking NFC payments for 5 years, they appear to be covered under a grandfathering clause.
In my reading of related articles, it seems that CurrentC may be using the QR system that CVS has been using as part of their customer loyalty system. It would also be interesting to see if CVS was the partner pushing for QR as a way to get CurrentC up and running quicker since they already have it deployed to their stores.
Why? Apple has the better technology - they have nothing to fear from CurrentC. Plus it sets a bad precedent for acceptance to the AppStore, i.e., Apple doesn't typically deny products that are in competition with their offerings (like Numbers/Pages/Keynote) and they don't want to send that message now. Plus they have the money, desire, and backing of EVM to continue pursuing ApplePay.  Let people run CurrentC on iOS and then when CurrentC has the inevitable data breach,...
ApplePay already supports debit cards, as long as the card servicer is EVM and the bank agrees.
Reading through this thread and the earlier thread, my opinion on this is that it was good that Tim Cook came out and was open about his sexuality. I think it is good PR for him to get out in front of this and make it his statement, rather than waiting for the press to catch him in a candid moment and "out" him at a time of their bidding.   People keep on talking about a distraction, but if this is a distraction, what better time to take a break from the business - Apple...
Perhaps, but just remember that email is not part of the transactional data. That is where the security lays. As soon as your email is exposed as part of the transaction, it can be stored somewhere that a hacker can get access to. It is possible that there may be an opt-in option to this, but I'll bet there are plenty of people who would not use ApplePay if their email address, and more specifically, the email attached to their financial accounts, was shared every time you...
Perhaps, but occasionally even on OS X, I get weird behavior that gets fixed by dumping pref files and caches. Even if you never use an app, if it is loaded on a device, it still needs to be tracked and still needs to be in some sort of app database. At some point, the OS may reach out and query it to make sure it is still there and there may be some background process that can trigger issues. We are talking about executable files, not just data files that sit there and do...
Yep, as I pointed out with my link, the law is different for credit vs debit. Yes, it is true that your bank will make good on it for you, but they don't have to. Plus, in my experience, it has been much more difficult to get a bank to remove an NSF fee from your account if a fraudulent charge puts you into an overdraft situation plus, if a check comes in while your bank is resolving the issue (even if it is a temporary debit), you may be responsible for any fees to the...
But how can Apple remove an app that was made for iOS4 off of your phone - especially if the users don't even know that it is there because it was part of the their 700 app backup?
Not really. There are system crashes within OS X that are only fixed by clearing caches and/or pref files in the library, especially when you are running older versions of applications. Unfortunately, while you can open the library folder in your home directory on OS X and clean that out, there is no equivalent way to do so within ios. btw, this issue is the reason why iOS use the Sandbox - there isn't supposed to be any interaction between apps. Unfortunately, as users...