or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

Actually, the water is there. It's just not been colored blue, but you probably know that since you selectively zoomed to not even include the water in the iOS shot. Hopefully, Apple will learn to color the lake areas in blue so that you don't walk into the lakes when you are walking blindly forward with all of your attention directed at your maps program.   As far as the transit apps, I have seen an interesting thing ... Apple is using a lot of location information to...
Are you sure about that?   We are happy to incorporate your map content in Google's services at no cost to your organization, but we generally do not pay for the content types we welcome through Google's Map Content Partner programs. http://support.google.com/mapcontentpartners/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=143979   So in other words, once Google changed their policy to monetize their Maps by charging for access to large volume users, they were expecting to get paid for...
It's interesting, because I used the web on my laptop to Google the next street over in Brooklyn 315 E16th and sometimes I would get Manhattan, and sometimes I would get Brooklyn. Not sure how Google determines which location to use, but this is certainly an issue of cherry picking an extreme case.
I certainly hope that you use your 30 day refund period to return your phone and get an Android phone if mapping is such a high priority for you. Your continued complaining reminds me of a guy that hammers nails with a screw driver even though a hammer is in the toolbox next to him.
Google, with their change in terms for mapping has not only pissed off Apple, they have also upset Yelp and other co-location services by letting them know that they will be charged as well. This is after taking the information free from companies like Yelp to buid their database. However, now that they are trying to build Google+, they are competing with these other services and charging them for information.Apple can adjust quickly when they start using the Yelp...
Actually, it is more likely that the OpenStreetMap project is more organized and productive in SF than HK. It's not an American arrogance issue, since there are other countries wo appear to be happier with Apple's efforts because the OpenStreetMap project is much further ahead in their countries.
"Apple lacks the ability to mine vast amounts of local search data, as Google was able to do when it started its mapping project." Or perhaps Apple's stance on privacy just doesn't agree that all the data Google mines is ethically proper to commandeer ...
I can just see the new Android ad ... "Thumb Gymnastics"! Everything you use our phones, you can exercise your thumb and extend your reach!As an aside, are there really any owners of those 4.5" screens that actually use their phones with one hand? Every time I see someone using one, they are always using two hands.
OK, go ahead and spend your $479 on an Oppo Finder, I'll spend $10 and go to the hardware store to buy a real hammer with better build quality for hammering nails ... ;p
Of course, you neglect to mention that the additional components added to make a battery removable and replaceable also affect battery performance in the device. So you need to carry a battery because the circuitry reduces the run time ...