or Connect

Posts by elehcdn

btw, this whole situation was anticipated by the Guardian over a month ago. Read the last line of the article, http://www.theguardian.com/money/us-money-blog/2014/sep/25/walmart-banks-checking-accounts
Wonder how much MCX has to do with Walmart's strategy of getting into the banking industry. http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/09/24/wal-mart-jumps-deeper-into-banking-with-new-mobile-checking-account/   Walmart has built the new Roach Motel ... once your money goes into GoBank, it never comes out again.
What a bunch of crooks ... still trying to paint Apple as the villain, no doubt to prevent the stockholders from going after all the money they made selling the stock. "We would win, but we aren't willing to sacrifice the personal fortunes we made by selling stocks inflated when we signed the Apple deal."
 Nope, it is subsidized, because if you break your contract before the 2 year period, you have to pay out your contract not the cost difference of the phone.  For instance, with AT&T I paid $499 subsidized for my top line iPhone 6+ that sells unlocked for $949. The BYOB option is $25/month, but my subsidized cost is $40/month. A difference of $15/month. Multiply that by 24 and you get $360 which is less than the cost differential. oth, if I dumped my phone right after...
fwiw, in the US, the iPad contracts are generally month to month. If you decide you don't want data, you can simply have the carrier turn it off, then turn it on when you need it. The only issue is that you need to pay the going rate when you turn it on again. For me, I am still grandfathered under the original iPad unlimited data plan which is no longer available so I end up paying every month.
Just to clarify, index funds are still mutual funds because they are made up of a conglomeration of different companies. Indexed funds are not considered to be actively managed, because they use funds that are part of a benchmark fund. However, stocks do come on and off those benchmark funds so they are managed ... it is just that the cycle is much longer. The industry makes a big differentiation because both indexed funds and actively managed funds are trying to sell a...
Once again, if you have 1100+ apps, how do you know it is not a bad app? C'mon, are you telling me that you use those apps on a regular basis - with 1100+ apps, you can use 2 1/2 of those apps every day of the year and still not use every app in a year. I understand the frustration, but you are talking about 1100+ different applications from what? ... 300 or 400 different developers? How old are those apps? How many of the developers are still supporting the apps, or are...
I always thought that I was a hoarder, so I always buy the biggest device - that's why I bought an iPhone 6 Plus, but 700 or even 500 apps? That's crazy! How can anyone be sure that the issue is the raw number of apps and not just a few poorly built ones?   I am not going to blame these users for having 700 apps, but I will comment on the complaint that it is difficult to troubleshoot 700 apps. Each time I get a new device (or occasionally when I wipe the device), I...
No, you don't lose a cent by holding on to their stock, but when they get delisted and it drops down to penny stock status, few people are willing to purchase it, so any expected value disappears. Worst is when the company is bought out whole by another company or holding stock and the value is washed down to percentage points of pennies.  I have some low end stock that I purchased that went OTC and then down the toilet. I never sold them, but I have written them off...
 The point is that if you are going to trade individual stocks, you should know enough about the market to have a diversified portfolio that will allow you to weather any issues with a particular company, sector, or industry. When you buy and indexed fund, that is all you are doing, except that you are allowing professional fund managers do the choosing. Just like any other endeavor, amateurs can be successful at this stuff, but it is the people that do it every day for a...